Forum advice

All general audio posts go here.
NSNO2021
Great Britain

Re: Forum advice

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

The planets aligned when my path crossed Richards, he needed a decent laptop, the company I worked for was Europe's largest PC supplier. I wanted a decent system and had a good bonus burning a hole in my pocket. I drove over to his workshop in Hatley St George and he gave me a 2 hour NVA indoctrination..I knew of his reputation before I went but I was surprised as he was good value in a robust and engaging way. He got the best laptop available, plus my bonus and I got the whole NVA system, pre amp, PSUs, mono blocks, Cubix and LS1 cable.
I didn't have a clue how lucky I had been in getting a "joined up" system from the off. The pre amp and mono blocks served me well for 27 years and the Cubix are just about to be completely overhauled and updated to hopefully see another 10 or 20 years of foot tapping fun. Richard encouraged me to ask questions to further my understanding and I have continued to do this, ever grateful that experienced people with generous spirits are willing to help me. This forum is the best by some distance for that 🙌
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post (total 3):
karatestu (Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:40 pm) • Latteman (Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:38 pm) • Lindsayt (Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:17 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables