ASR and the rise of the intelligent idiots

All general audio posts go here.
Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Re: ASR and the rise of the intelligent idiots

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

BadgerBeerIsBest wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 pm Look its like this, I am a carpenter this is my hobby, I am well out of my depth with all of you very cleaver people on this forum, although I have never felt 'talked down to' which is a credit to you all.
I have got a big pair of PMC speakers (PB1i), four drivers, transmission line and worst of all a fourth order crossover straight from the devils workshop. You have planted the seed that my music could sound better through different speakers.
Clearly just listening to the sound and liking them (which I do) it is not enough I also need to account for my amps requirements (a80 Mk3) so how do I come up with a short list of speakers to listen to with out reference to some sort of specifications first.
If all the loudspeaker manufacture's use the same method of measurement whether it is flawed or not that should be a starting point that they could all be judged by.
So for a layman like me what am I looking for sealed enclosure, ported, T/Line. and what of the specifications provided should I be looking at.
Thanks.
Yes but I would lose fingers if I tried carpentry, got my hand stuck in vice once.
And dropped a chisel on my foot the blood was everywhere.
So my friend I think you skills are to be envied by me.

I even stuck a hot soldering iron behind my ear thinking it was pencil, the first thing I noticed was the burning hair smell, then the pain, Yikes that hurt still got scares.

Thank god we have assorts here I can ask advice on how to cut marine ply and other woody thing now.
It can be done so imagine it.

BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

Unread post by BadgerBeerIsBest »

BadgerBeerIsBest wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 pm you very cleaver people on this forum
:grin: Oh dear I must read my posts through before submitting.
You 'clever' people are fine but on the other hand you 'cleaver' people I'm rely worried about I hope no one does a hatchet job on me! :grin:
These users thanked the author BadgerBeerIsBest for the post (total 3):
CycleCoach (Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:24 pm) • Wonfor14 (Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:22 pm) • slinger (Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:08 pm)
Don't gas my Badger........it's not Lager..!

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Unread post by Wonfor14 »

I loved Badger Beer when I lived in Somerset near Ilminster. This London crap tastes of Thames, pure yuk.

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Well I can't stand people with a higher than you attitude, they never consider some folk have a writing and reading problems.
Me I am dyslexic and suffer from Autism, the stroke made it much worse, these people, are only interested in the English Grammar then they should join a book club.
With this I have asked them to remove me from there "Forum" for audio.

Not happy with there crap. it is just :Bllocks: :hbs: :angry-fire:

I would never take the piss out of anybody so why do some people do it is because there personality is lacking and it a defence mechanism????? or just :evil: evil.

The tittle for this is correct:- "ASR and the rise of the intelligent idiots" join a book club.
These users thanked the author Wonfor14 for the post:
karatestu (Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:53 am)

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Wonfor14 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am Well I can't stand people with a higher than you attitude, they never consider some folk have a writing and reading problems.
Me I am dyslexic and suffer from Autism, the stroke made it much worse, these people, are only interested in the English Grammar then they should join a book club.

I would never take the piss out of anybody so why do some people do it is because there personality is lacking and it a defence mechanism????? or just :evil: evil.

The tittle for this is correct:- "ASR and the rise of the intelligent idiots" join a book club.
Dear Colin,

Sorry to hear about that.

Some people (the know it all armchair experts) just can't cope with the fact that you have probably forgotten more about electronics than they will ever know. So they use any little weakness against you no matter how trivial.

Very sad.
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post:
Wonfor14 (Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:59 am)
DIY FREE ZONE

Wonfor14
Great Britain

It is shameful that is how G.M. treated me and he understood less than a fly. He wife was worse.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Wonfor14 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am Well I can't stand people with a higher than you attitude, they never consider some folk have a writing and reading problems.

Unfortunately Colin, intelligence is by no means a measure of sensitivity, empathy or understanding. I know you are far more capable than I am when it comes to electronic design. So you have problems with reading and writing, so what? Many a genius has struggled to explain a discovery in writing, that means you are in good company. Einstein reportedly said "everyone is a genius but, judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree and it will go through life thinking it is a failure".

Don't let them get to you.

Wonfor14
Great Britain

:angry-screaming: Unfortunately they have and I am miffed, :angry-fire: :angry-tappingfoot: :obscene-birdiered: :violence-sniperprone: :violence-uzi:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Col don't worry about it.

My asphasia is now mild and only tends to be an issue when I'm annoyed. But it was bad for a while.

People who pick on your spelling or grammar do so because they can't engage with the substantive issue. It says more about them ,than you or me.

Just laugh at them .
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post (total 4):
savvypaul (Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:00 pm) • Wonfor14 (Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:41 pm) • CN211276 (Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:23 pm) • Lindsayt (Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:21 pm)

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Daniel Quinn wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:14 pm Col don't worry about it.

My asphasia is now mild and only tends to be an issue when I'm annoyed. But it was bad for a while.

People who pick on your spelling or grammar do so because they can't engage with the substantive issue. It says more about them ,than you or me.

Just laugh at them .
Thank you, I have another orange juice now with dandelion and burdock mmmm nice better than vodka.. :guiness;