Wam HiFi Show 2021 now announced

All general audio posts go here.
Bencat57
Great Britain

Wam HiFi Show 2021 now announced

Unread post by Bencat57 »

I know that some on here do not look at other sites but some do so thought I would post this as information and to interest any of those who would like to attend .

Before Covid the Wam Show was a great yearly event the best part being it was real people setting up their real systems no Trade rooms just some general stalls downstairs for accessories , LP's and other such items .

This years was supposed to be in September but there have been complications it has now been announced that there will be a show at the Kegworth Hotel over two days weekend 1 - 3 October . Full details are not being given as with the current fluid situation some things are still to be confirmed . More details should be given on 1 st of May .

A spreadsheet for those wanting to take part with a room will be available probably in the next couple of weeks but there may well be few spaces as most that signed up for the 2019 show have just rolled things over .

I will be taking a room for my three way active speaker system which will have three NVA power amplifiers used . Will let everyone know my room number when I can and if anyone does decide to visit please call in say hello have a listen and let me know honestly what you think good or bad I will try not to get too upset .

I have decided that I will add a CD Transport to the boxes which normally I do not use but it will help for those that want to bring their own music to have a listen which I would encourage . The shows in the past have been some of the best times I have spent over the last few years and given the none year we had last year and lack contact with the small number of people who enjoy music the way we do I would encourage anyone to consider this year and make the effort . :guiness;
These users thanked the author Bencat57 for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:26 am) • NSNO2021 (Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Wam HiFi Show 2021 now announced

Unread post by savvypaul »

I had lost a fair bit of confidence in the WAM owner - the site had appeared unsupported in recent months with very long response times and frequent total outages, an update had been attempted but was a mess and, having posted on 5th January that dates for a 2021 show would be announced 'within a week or so', nothing had been heard from him since. He was described (not by me) as an 'absentee landlord'.

Following growing disquiet, he now appears to be pulling his finger out. WAM show dates have been announced and most of the technical bugs appear to have been addressed. Hopefully, the show will go ahead and be a great success.

We have a small fund that we've collected from payments for classified ads. Happy to use this towards helping HFS members to exhibit / attend.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Bencat57 (Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Bencat57
Great Britain

I do agree with Paul that there has been very little hands on support from Peter the Owner of the site . In that time to be fair to Peter he has had two major operations on his knees and he has outside interests in the hospitality business and given the last couple of years this will have taken lots of his time and attention just to keep it afloat . Not complete excuses but I can easily see were other parts of life become more important .

I am really happy this is going ahead and I know Paul was considering dropping the show but I hope he is now happy to attend as a music fan rather than as representative of NVA .

savvypaul
Great Britain

I'm hopeful of attending. I wasn't ever planning to exhibit NVA, as it's not a trade show - last year I would have brought my 'vintage' system (Lenco, Marantz receiver / 300b SET, Klipsch) and Tomasz was going to bring a selection of interesting headphones.

We won't exhibit in October, simply because we have lost so much of Tomasz's time to the pandemic that any time we can get him here will be full on with NVA...and I wouldn't fancy doing a room on my own.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Bencat57 (Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade

Bencat57
Great Britain

This has now been confirmed for first weekend in October .Current signs are excellent that it will go ahead hope to see anyone that attends either day.
These users thanked the author Bencat57 for the post:
CycleCoach (Mon May 03, 2021 3:22 pm)

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I hope to see you there.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

Good luck to all concerned. I hope it's a definite success.

Will look forward to you guys posting some reports, here - lots of photos, please.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Bencat57
Great Britain

Just an update the show is still confirmed and I am still listening every day to the system I plan to take. As is to be expected there have been a number of people who were going to have a room who have decided that given the current circumstances they are not going to be doing that for this show.

As a result there are now some rooms free for anyone thinking about adding themselves in for this year so if you are considering this then add your name to the list and have a bit of fun which has been in short supply the past eighteen months.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I'd be happy to exhibit for free. Or for close to free. I am not happy to exhibit if this involves paying for an overnight stay at the hotel.

savvypaul
Great Britain

I see it's now a 2 day show - does that mean that exhibitors have to stay for 2 nights?

Is there also a trade show attached?
I am in the hi-fi trade