Details

All general audio posts go here.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Details

Unread post by karatestu »

We are mostly all different then. Who'd have thought it :lol:

What Geoff said earlier seems to be all that needs to be said on the matter

"There is no "right" way to listen to music what matters is that you enjoy what you are hearing"
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:55 pm We are mostly all different then. Who'd have thought it :lol:

What Geoff said earlier seems to be all that needs to be said on the matter

"There is no "right" way to listen to music what matters is that you enjoy what you are hearing"
+1
Much the same as the music we listen to.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Geoff.R.G wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:21 am
antonio66 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:33 pm Strangely enough I had to tell someone, "it doesn't matter if you can't hear the triangle at the back of the Orchestra, as long as the music comes through", so I guess details are not everything for me. When I'm back in England I listen to a very costly set-up, and it's detailed, over here I'm using a simple system, obviously small nuances are missed, but I still enjoy the music.
If you are listening to a school orchestra and it is your child playing the triangle, missing the music is entirely understandable. Motive matters! I haven’t recorded a school orchestra for a long time but in such circumstances detail is essential.
Sorry Geoff, but I didn't think we were talking about listening to detail on a personal level, ie can I hear my daughter playing the triangle, but the music as a whole: That is also to do with the person recording which in your case is you: What I am saying is, you go listen to some of your favourite music on a system (can be quite costly) that is extremely detailed, you can hear little bits that you've never heard before, does that mean you are then dissatisfied with your home system, I seriously hope not otherwise you are taking this hobby far too seriously: We would all like to think we are getting the most we can from the money we have spent, I guess you call that detail, but I can still enjoy listening to Chris Squire's bass playing on my system now as much as I do when I'm back in the uk, but for anyone who cannot, and crave more detail, then I feel sorry for them :grin:

I should have added, the last time we were at a show, listening to a Metronome, D'Agastino, Magico system, impressed to start off with, couldn't wait to get out of the room 30 minutes later, be careful what you wish for

karatestu
Great Britain

Dear Dave.

I do most of my listening streaming the free version of YouTube music via Bluetooth from my tablet to a JBL charge 5 Bluetooth speaker. I love it and don't need any more to enjoy the music. I can also appreciate a highly detailed reproduction and anything in between.

There is no need to feel sorry for anybody who sometimes likes to hear in to the darkest depths of a recording. In my case I find it very exciting when a small change in a speaker's design brings about the unearthing of something previously hidden.

Anyway, it's ownly hifi after all. When my system is finished you are very welcome to come listen to it and tell me I have wasted my time.
DIY FREE ZONE

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

"When my system is finished" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You never know Stu, I might take you up on that offer, but back on subject, you are the same as me if you say most of your listening is through JBL's, and when you listen to your main system you enjoy hearing the extra detail that gives you
Maybe I've just misunderstood the thread from the start, but can safely say, I'd rather be listening through a cheaper system (although there are limits) than not listening at all :grin:
These users thanked the author antonio66 for the post:
karatestu (Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:36 am)

karatestu
Great Britain

antonio66 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:39 pm "When my system is finished" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :scared-eek: :violence-torch: :violence-stickwhack:
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post:
antonio66 (Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:52 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Stu, you can't possibly FINISH!! What would we do without your inventiveness?
These users thanked the author TheMadMick for the post:
karatestu (Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:48 pm)
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).