I just bought an unexpected amp

All general audio posts go here.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: I just bought an unexpected amp

Unread post by Fretless »

I still have an Arcam CD62T CD player in occasional use here.
Lovely-sounding CDP. :music-listening:
LPLogic DM101 / Syrinx LE1 / Grado Signature MCZ
DigiDenafrips Ares + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono) - PSU - A40s - BMU+ Arcam One

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:05 am slinger if i can do it with only my none dominant left hand working anyone can. it is very good at making your none dominant hand more dexterious..

Luther (now 7 ) is so taken with the idea he uses his none dominant hand to write with for 15 mins a day , because ive told him in 2 years he will be ambidexterious.
Sadly my age, sausage fingers, and my arthritis really do negate any more projects of that nature. I've got over 30 guitars, and some days getting further than picking one up is a trial. I would love to be able to build things. I was always shite at DIY, but I had a few successful projects, and as far as electronics goes I used to build guitar pedals, and my last electronics success (i.e. it worked first time) was a valve buffer based on the Musical Fidelity X10.

It's an excellent idea to get your lad to feel comfortable using either hand. I'm one of those terribly confused people, I'm left-hand dominant, e.g. I write left-handed, but I taught myself to play guitar right-handed. I used to play squash and tennis left-handed but could swap the racquet to my right hand to get wide returns on that side of the court. I could putt left or right-handed, but I could only swing a golf club right-handed. I'm completely right-footed though, I can't kick properly with my left for love nor money. Once it was too late I realised I should have worked on that.

Going off at a tangent and rambling is, so I've heard, another sign of ageing... :lol:

I stick to building stuff via my computer software these days, and it's still much neater than when I had full use of my hands. :lol:
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
antonio66 (Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:57 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Will these surprise purchases never cease :o
Well it will give us something to read, so now looking forward to seeing how you progress.
These users thanked the author antonio66 for the post:
slinger (Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 pm)

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Unread post by Wonfor14 »

When I did a bit of work for Richer Sound, I worked along side some good guys and this looks like the work of my ex boss and good friend Larry Reed.
His attention to ultra fine detail and style was often bloody irritating but his work always looked good and sounded not bad.
He has now started hi own company designing kit for lots of companies not mine, Reed Acoustics.
These users thanked the author Wonfor14 for the post:
slinger (Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 am)