The Return of the Wam Show

All general audio posts go here.
Bencat57
Great Britain

Re: The Return of the Wam Show

Unread post by Bencat57 »

To update those interested the show is now confirmed and booked with payments being made . There is a link to the web page here for anyone who wants details .

https://show.hifiwigwam.com/

Due to fire regulations there will be only 400 tickets for the live event on the Sunday so there is a chance that this will sell out and there may well be no tickets on the day . If you intend to go it might be sensible to buy in advance .

Just a little addition to to this thread for those that are going to attend . There is going to be an organised Raffle and Auction at the show and currently the organisers are getting donations for both . Rules and how they will work will be shown soon but I think that only those attending can either bid or bu raffle tickets but watch the thread to see confirmation of this . A thread for both is already on the Wam site and all proceeds from both will given to a local hospice charity to support the Stoke area were the show is being held. If you have any donations for either the raffle or the auction get in touch with a Wammer you know who is going or one of the show Team as all additions would be welcome .

A number of us are also going to bring loads of the low price hifi tat that most os us have knocking about cables , psu etc and these will be sold in the rooms for a donation to the charity for anyone interested.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Bencat57 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:48 am

...Due to fire regulations there will be only 400 tickets for the live event on the Sunday so there is a chance that this will sell out and there may well be no tickets on the day . If you intend to go it might be sensible to buy in advance ...

That's mildy amusing in an ironic way. In response to me saying on the Wam that I'd be happy to exhibit for free or for nearly free, I got clobbered by a load of Wammers saying that the financial side of the show is important. Need to make a profit and all that.

And then the organisers go ahead and pick a hotel with a 400 visitors limit.

The organisers have also expressed the desire that we behave in a way that will make the hotel management happy to host the show again next year.

If you were dating the ugliest person with the most horrible personality in your social circle would you put her on a pedestal and worship her as a goddess?

The Wam show deserves better than this. The Wam show exhibitors deserve a better deal than what they've been offered. Anyone interested in visiting deserves to be allowed entry if they turn up on the day on a whim.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

No one traveling by train will buy a ticket more than three weeks in advance. I was thinking about going until I saw the price of the train fare and I will be flying to Newcastle the following weekend for a 60th birthday bash.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

SteveS57
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveS57 »

I've got a room again, I wish it all the best, I'm sure the hotel will not be ideal, but getting suitable venues at reasonable cost is a challenge, let's see..
These users thanked the author SteveS57 for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 am) • Lindsayt (Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:32 am)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

NVA is supporting the show by donating a 1m TIS interconnect for the charity auction. I hope the show goes well, and I hope I can make it, but it depends on the trains (I get free train travel so it's a much easier option than driving, especially when the hotel is opposite the mainline station).

I'd love to see an even bigger show, open to more people, but I don't underestimate the challenges involved in putting on something like this.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Bencat57
Great Britain

Just a mention that at the Show this year there will be both a Charity Auction and Raffle and there are already some very nice items in both . All money raised will go to a local Stoke Hospice who offer end of life help to those in the area so short term money is always welcome . Please also note that to be involved in either to buy a ticket or make a bid then you have to attend the show there will be no absent bids allowed .

Would also ask if any of you have any items you would be happy to donate for either the raffle or the Auction but are not going to the show then contact me or a member of the Wam Team and we can arrange collection of items to be added to the prizes/items .
These users thanked the author Bencat57 for the post:
savvypaul (Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:34 pm)

Bencat57
Great Britain

Just another update for those interested , there has been a change in the conditions on the day for the Hotel and the show now has full use of the hotel were parts of the third floor were going to used and this restricted the numbers that could attend . This has now been changed and as a result there will be sales of Tickets on the day for any that want to attend . There is a discount price for advance tickets and on the day they will £12.50 (Card Only no cash) . So even less excuse now for anyone who thinks this might be a decent day out , go on give it a try you know you want to .

Also to confirm that I will be in Room 103 so please come in and laugh at my attempts at decent sound and have a chat . requests for any music will be very welcome and any praise will probably send me in to a swoon so careful with that axe Eugene .
These users thanked the author Bencat57 for the post (total 2):
Lindsayt (Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:20 pm) • antonio66 (Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:59 am)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Last chance for discounted tickets: https://show.hifiwigwam.com/?utm_medium ... paign=show

Mark and I will both be there...and NVA are donating a 1m TIS interconnect for the charity auction.

Hope to see a few HFS 'faces'. 8-)
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
SteveS57 (Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:51 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I have been interested in / dabbling in audio for 30+ years and this was my first event and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. My first reaction was OMG this is odd and slightly anorakish. After an hour I was starting to enjoy it and after two hours I was fully immersed and loving it.
The exhibitors are all to be praised for giving up their time and money to share there passion with others. I was really disappointed it came to an end around 5pm, next time I will be there first thing.
I bumped into Paul & Mark a couple of times and spent time in Steve's and Bencats room and their systems were definitely some of best. BC's had immaculate timing and a sense of togetherness and the percussion on Steve's speaker simply had to heard to believe, I have never heard drums sound so real.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
savvypaul (Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:28 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

Very enjoyable day, well worth the 6 hour round trip for me. It's a show that is unlike any other; great to see it back.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Bencat57 (Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:55 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade