Putting together a second system

All general audio posts go here.
Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Putting together a second system

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

Got loads of bits to put together a second system

The core of which will be a modded a20/p20 amp.
Mods are a different pot in the p20 and a conversion to 3 inputs, mods to the a20 are different feedback resistor values to pull the gain down a little. The a20/p20 is just far too high gain for the big fanes downstairs which are over 100db efficient, it just doesnt work with them, i cant get the volume off the bottom stop before its far too loud. I could shunt the pot thats in the pre but its still going to be far far too loud

I have pauls old project phono stage, and a choice of about half a dozen turntables. Might use the roksan xerxes i fixed and a tabriz. ive got another half dozen arms but the tabriz is meant for it. and whatever cart. I have a load.

Ive just rebuilt a gorgeous mk1 oracle delphi but that will have to go back to its owner at some point so thats really the only one i cant use

I have some audio technica electret cans to use with it, which it why i bought the a20/p20 in the first place, but no speakers because i passed the little missions i had onto mi dad.

No cd player at the moment because my second one is being used elsewhere, i vould find a squeezebox out to use if i can be arsed, but just some vinyl and headphones for now is the plan.

Dunno what to do with speakers, i don't really want to spend a great deal.

Should be interesting
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Putting together a second system

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I'm confident you'll come up with a good speaker solution...