NVA Social Pages - Instagram, Twitter, Facebook

Quarknosis

Re: NVA Social Pages - Instagram, Twitter, Facebook

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I don't use social media much but I am happy to support NVA via facebook as I'm not on Twitter or Instagram
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Here's a Facebook comment that we just received...

Den Lawton: I like to use my own speaker cable and have the sound I like. I can’t do that with these Amps ☹️

And, here's what I said (and what you already know)...

NVA HiFi: Den Lawton, don't worry, we can help you overcome your anxieties...and help you get more enjoyment from your music, and save you money. Try NVA amps and cables in your own home for up to 30 days. When you've decided that you can't live without them, sell your existing amps and cables and pocket the difference...just like scores of intelligent audiophiles already have. To help you get started, direct message me for a special deal on your first order...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Nice one.

savvypaul
Great Britain

The first two images from our forthcoming 'intelligence required' campaign...

I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

The last two in our 'intelligence required' campaign...

I am in the hi-fi trade

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

"Intelligence required" as a newbie here I might be out of order but there are a few things that trouble me. FIrst and foremost is the pregoing statement. Whilst I understand The ethos I'm not sure I appreciate the implication that I need to be "intelligent " to use NVA stuff? RD (I think) always said "your ears,your room, your music" music being the most important. Intelligence never came into it,unless you wanted to argue about specs, etc. Then he would give examples of where you could look up relevant documents. I am aware that he didn't suffer FOOLS easily, i count myself amongst them! But I truly believe the product was always about musicality and that I believe got the following it deserves,always ready to do a side by side comparison and leave you to your own decisions when heard in your environment,didn't like it? Fair enough just tell me why. As for remotes spoiling the sound, I think there are plenty of amps out there that could contradict this, all be it at a price!
Rant over, and I wish you all well in the coming year. I especially look forward to hearing more about high powered intergrated amp, remote or not!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:50 pm "Intelligence required" as a newbie here I might be out of order but there are a few things that trouble me. FIrst and foremost is the pregoing statement. Whilst I understand The ethos I'm not sure I appreciate the implication that I need to be "intelligent " to use NVA stuff? RD (I think) always said "your ears,your room, your music" music being the most important. Intelligence never came into it,unless you wanted to argue about specs, etc. Then he would give examples of where you could look up relevant documents. I am aware that he didn't suffer FOOLS easily, i count myself amongst them! But I truly believe the product was always about musicality and that I believe got the following it deserves,always ready to do a side by side comparison and leave you to your own decisions when heard in your environment,didn't like it? Fair enough just tell me why. As for remotes spoiling the sound, I think there are plenty of amps out there that could contradict this, all be it at a price!
Rant over, and I wish you all well in the coming year. I especially look forward to hearing more about high powered intergrated amp, remote or not!
The images each have a defined context:

1. We suggest that using our speaker cables is no more complicated that selecting the correct type of fuel for your car.
2. We suggest that not having a remote control is not a mountain to climb.
3. We suggest that the lack of photos of neat insides will not detract from the sound quality.
4. We suggest that an expensive mains cable may not be the best value for your money.

Our point is your point:

1. Your ears, and the music, are more important than having to use our speaker cables.
2. Your ears, and the music, are more important than not having a remote.
3. Your ears, and the music, are more important than nice photos.
4. Your ears, and the music, are more important than not being able to use an expensive mains cable.

If you've already worked out the above, (and I know you have), then you don't need to worry. For those that haven't, well...(just a little) intelligence required. Or, maybe, it's just about having an open mind.

Many thanks for the best wishes,

Paul

PS. All remote controls degrade the sound to some extent. "The one thing better than the best component money can buy, is... no component at all." Yes, some are much less worse than others (at, as you say, a price).
I am in the hi-fi trade

scotty38
Kiribati

Unread post by scotty38 »

I wasn't going to comment but I decided to change my mind otherwise what would be the point of you posting on here....

I need to set my stall out and say I get it and totally understand where you're coming from and the meaning however I cannot help but feel that anyone that doesn't frequent this forum or understand the NVA ethos (ie possibly most of the folk these are aimed at) would not take them positively. I may even go as far as to say some would think "F*** you and your condescending advert, I'm going elsewhere"

Genuinely not having a go and really trying to see this from a new person's point of view.

All the best etc etc.....

savvypaul
Great Britain

scotty38 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:27 pm I wasn't going to comment but I decided to change my mind otherwise what would be the point of you posting on here....

I need to set my stall out and say I get it and totally understand where you're coming from and the meaning however I cannot help but feel that anyone that doesn't frequent this forum or understand the NVA ethos (ie possibly most of the folk these are aimed at) would not take them positively. I may even go as far as to say some would think "F*** you and your condescending advert, I'm going elsewhere"

Genuinely not having a go and really trying to see this from a new person's point of view.

All the best etc etc.....
Hi, Scotty,

Thanks for your concern.

I posted the images here purely as a courtesy. Comments are fine, though.

I reckon the only people who will be offended are those that are already offended. Those are not people who are already here.

If we can open a few minds, through a little spiky humour now and then, it will be worthwhile. If we further offend those who are already offended...c'est la vie. I reckon it's pretty hard to be offended if you have an open mind.

On the other hand, those who can see past what causes others offence may feel even more inclined to try NVA, and even more inclined to stay loyal to it. I don't mind NVA being seen as an intelligent choice ;)

You're right that we need to communicate the NVA ethos. Don't mind me if I'm not shy about it.

Warm regards,

Paul
I am in the hi-fi trade

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

"Comments are fine though ... c'est la vie. " as for Intelligent,I would humbly suggest you might refer to the Oxford dictionary before using the word in relation to auditory experience , allso ,It is easy to offend those with a truly open mind, believe it or not. As for NVA being " an intelligent choice" i for one would rather form my opinion on the basis of what i hear rather than my
intellect, I'm not shy about that either. :naughty: