NVA - 20:20 Vision

savvypaul
Great Britain

NVA - 20:20 Vision

Unread post by savvypaul »

Hi, everyone,

Happy New Year to you & yours.

Questions about future plans tend to pop up quite randomly on a forum, which is perfectly understandable, but Tomasz & I thought it would be worthwhile bringing all that information into one place. We've been on a fast learning curve, and a significant part of our understanding has been driven by your feedback. Thank-you for your support since we relaunched NVA in late August and thank you, in advance, for continuing to let us know your thoughts about the future.

Here's what we have planned:

Component Upgrade Options – following on from the success of our pre-amplifier upgrades, we will expand the range of component upgrade options available to existing owners of NVA equipment. Upgrades will be fitted to your existing unit, so there's no need to sell or trade them in. At the same time as fitting upgraded components we will also do a visual check of all other components – any small repairs, such as re-glueing feet or phono sockets will usually be done at no additional charge. Your item also gets a clean, and you get a pair of lint-free handling gloves for avoiding fingerprints when re-installing your item into your system. Whenever we introduce upgraded products we will seek to build in options for existing owners to upgrade to the new specification. Upgraded parts, fitted by ourselves, are warranted for a minimum of 2 years.

Bespoke Packaging – we are having bespoke packaging produced for all of the 'black box' components in the current NVA range. As well as dispatching all new items in the new packaging, we will make the new packaging available for existing owners to purchase. The new packaging – bespoke designed polyethylene end caps and double thickness boxes – is a definite upgrade on the packaging previously used by NVA, will stand multiple trips, and conforms to the packaging guidelines published by international couriers. Obviously, this will be particularly useful if you cannot find your original packaging!

Courier Collections – we will soon sign a deal with an international courier company for the dispatch of NVA 'Black Box' items. As part of that deal we will have the facility to have items collected from you. We will offer that service to customers as an option when returning items or sending items for repair or component upgrade. As a direct-selling company we will always be working to ensure the process of sending and receiving items is safe, reliable, convenient and affordable.

Trade-In Scheme – the existing allowances will stay in place until end March 2020, the percentage allowances will then reduce from 1st April 2020 (as advised in November here) and, from 1st January 2021, the trade-in scheme will apply to cables only (percentage allowances to be advised):

The phasing of these changes gives owners of discontinued models (e.g P20, A20, A30, A40) a window of opportunity to trade-in for items in the current range without having to wait to sell their old model. For the highest allowance percentage, trade-in before 1st April 2020. For customers with current models, the component upgrade scheme will effectively replace the trade-in scheme.

Loan Scheme – this will be given fresh impetus and we will aim to have the following items always available to loan: P50SA, A60, A70, A80, SSP, TIS, LS6, LS7, BMU. You must be a member of the Hi-Fi Subjectivist forum to participate in the loan scheme. A fee to cover outward and return postage will be payable, prior to dispatch. For new members we may require a payment card authorisation as security.

System Bundles - save up to £600 when you buy one of our pre-amplifier / interconnect / power amplifier(s) / speaker cable bundles. https://nvahifi.co.uk/collections/system-bundles

New / Upgraded / Re-introduced Products (definite)...

Cube 1 Speakers – high quality non-doped 8” main driver for increased efficiency and consistency of production. Very simple first order crossover. Choice of acrylic or birch-ply cabinets.

P1, 2 & 3 Phono Stages – with shielded option for when it proves impossible to site the standard head unit without interference. Upgraded specification for the P3 internal boards.

Bespoke BMU – with many domestic mains supplies measuring well in excess of 240v we can now provide a step down transformer with your BMU. We will send you a plug-in meter to check your mains voltage prior to building your bespoke BMU.

A60+ Stereo Power Amplifier - with the addition of a separate 150va input transformer.

New / Upgraded / Re-introduced Products (possible)...

48 step attenuator option for pre-amplifiers (may require a larger case).

Dual-mono 48 step passive pre-amplifier.

A high powered integrated amplifier with separate input and output transformers.

A100 monoblock power amplifiers with high va-rating Toroidy 'Supreme Audio Grade' transformers.

Promotion...

See us at the North West Audio Show at Cranage Hall in June, and the National Audio Show at Woodland Grange in September. Tomasz & I will also be attending the WAM show in March and the North East Bake-Off in July – but only as audio enthusiasts, not to promote NVA.

Look out for details of a very special NVA relaunch party in late Spring.

We'll be posting some challenging (cheeky) social media campaigns throughout 2020, and expect to see more merchandise items following on from the NVA Marmite jars and Love / Hate badges.

The website content will be enhanced to more strongly promote the 30 day home trial and loan schemes.

The forum theme will be updated to allow more prominent product announcements.

Forum...

The forum will continue to be free to all forum users - regardless of whether you own NVA equipment, or not.

The forum will get an updated look and a few new features.

Free Forum Classified Section – we will continue to offer a free classifieds facility for forum members. As an example of the value provided by the free classifieds facility, selling an A60 by eBay auction for £450 plus £20 postage would cost the seller a fee of £47 (not inc. Paypal fees).

Lastly...KNOBS!

We are looking at offering a choice of...

See you in 2020!
Tomasz & Paul
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: NVA - 20:20 Vision

Unread post by zebbo »

Sounds like you are addressing all of the "negative" issues associated with buying NVA kit, all very sensible stuff.
Would the new stepped attenuators be an upgrade for my TCS? It's just that I noticed mine "crack" quite loudly at times even prompting a nasty buzz/burp from the speaker at one point.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

zebbo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:20 pm Sounds like you are addressing all of the "negative" issues associated with buying NVA kit, all very sensible stuff.
Would the new stepped attenuators be an upgrade for my TCS? It's just that I noticed mine "crack" quite loudly at times even prompting a nasty buzz/burp from the speaker at one point.
Thanks, Zebbo,

The answer re fitting the new stepped attenuators in your TCS is...possibly. Tomasz thinks the TCs was quite tight for space, so we would need to open it up and check.

Is yours the dual mono version?
I am in the hi-fi trade

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:28 pm
zebbo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:20 pm Sounds like you are addressing all of the "negative" issues associated with buying NVA kit, all very sensible stuff.
Thanks, Zebbo,

The answer re fitting the new stepped attenuators in your TCS is...possibly. Tomasz thinks the TCs was quite tight for space, so we would need to open it up and check.

Is yours the dual mono version?
Yes it is.

Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

OK, thanks, Zebbo.

Looks like it shouldn't be a problem...the mono switches are half the depth of the stereo switches.

The new Seiden switches are smooth and quiet.
I am in the hi-fi trade

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Excellent. Do you know the price yet?

savvypaul
Great Britain

In theory, the same as the P90 upgrade (£400)...BUT, I imagine your TCS is already silver wired and has the higher grade of load resistors already fitted, so it will be a fair chunk less.

Pop it up to us and we'll give it a proper check over and clean first, before you commit any cash.
I am in the hi-fi trade

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Sounds good. I'll package it up and post after my Christmas break.
Happy New Year All. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Some great looking stuff. The very best of luck guys. It deserves success.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I haven't forgotten this, it's just a bit hectic and expensive at the moment.