NVA Field Agents

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: NVA Field Agents

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I'm in.
These users thanked the author CycleCoach for the post (total 3):
Lindsayt (Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:36 am) • CN211276 (Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:55 am) • savvypaul (Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:50 am)
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Lindsayt wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:07 am I can't go with the negativity on this.

There's too much that's unknown about this venture.
So much so that anyone saying it wouldn't work or wouldn't be worth it is just guessing.

It has to be put to the test to see if it will work.

As humans it's very much in our nature to make decisions on emotions. More so than on logic and reasoning.
Thanks Lindsay. Your thoughtful questions and rational analysis are helpful.

A fair amount of negative reaction was expected. I only have a problem with it when it becomes personal

More positively, I've been chatting offline with a few people who have ideas about how to progress the details and get the scheme up and running.

As you say, it needs to be put to the test. I've now got a better understanding of what is required to make that happen.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post (total 2):
CycleCoach (Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 pm) • Lindsayt (Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:58 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

It will require an investment of time, energy (& cash) by all concerned to get this train rolling,
and I sincerely believe that it will work.

Latest reports about international commerce see everything from China getting a major price rise due to hugely increased shipping costs and shortages of supply, so a domestically-made product looks to be a viable proposition.

A heartfelt 'Good Luck' to all. :clap:
These users thanked the author Fretless for the post (total 2):
CycleCoach (Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 pm) • savvypaul (Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:21 pm)

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

We now have a way to move towards testing the scheme. The minimum up-front investment required for the first 5 agents has been brought down to £500 and the maximum monthly contribution to advertising will be capped at £50 for the first 12 months.

The next steps will be to circulate a principles proposal to those who have shown interest and then for all parties to discuss how to attach firm details to those principles. We can do that through a private group on the forum, and by face to face discussions. There is no obligation on any party until all details are finalised.

Although the investment requirements have been significantly reduced, anyone considering becoming an agent should treat this opportunity as a business. There is risk - nobody can guarantee that leads will be generated, nobody can guarantee that sales will be created. You have to make a judgement. However, reducing the initial investment cost means that a greater proportion of what you are risking is 'time and effort'.

I will lock this discussion thread, now. If you are interested in participating, and haven't yet contacted me, please do so by PM to be considered to be one of the first 5 agents. The most important thing is that you have the personal skills and determination to make a success of it. If you also happen to be a current NVA user / supporter, then all the better.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Paul
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post (total 2):
CycleCoach (Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:42 pm) • Lindsayt (Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:00 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/