NVA Field Agents

savvypaul
Great Britain

NVA Field Agents

Unread post by savvypaul »

We've been looking at ways of getting NVA in front of more people, outside of the traditional dealer network. One possibility under discussion is to have a small network of self-employed 'field agents' who would do home demonstrations, from leads generated by the NVA website and social media pages.

The agents would then take orders from customers and earn a percentage commission. So, a bit like dealers but without most of the overheads.

There would be an initial investment required to become an agent - to receive 'exclusivity' within a geographical area and to purchase a minimum amount of demonstration kit (at a 45% discount) - plus a monthly fee to contribute towards social media ads and the miscellaneous costs involved with running the agents scheme.

We think this could be an appealing opportunity for enthusiasts who might be recently retired and would like to earn money by doing something related to their hobby.

Thoughts? Questions?
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post (total 3):
CycleCoach (Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:36 pm) • EcoFreek (Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:00 pm) • CN211276 (Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:07 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: NVA Field Agents

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I think it's a brilliant idea.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

savvypaul
Great Britain

A bit more detail (nothing decided, all up for discussion)

Initially, we would want a minimum of 6 agents signed up before we would launch the scheme. We would probably eventually need around 12-15 agents to give decent coverage of most of the UK.

An agent would have much lower overheads than a dealer but would still have transport costs. A dealer typically takes around 45% of the sale price. It might vary a bit from item to item, but we are thinking that an average commission of around 20% could be do-able for us and attractive for the agent.

Also had a suggestion of something along the lines of the National Gardens Scheme for those who are happy to open up their listening rooms for people to hear NVA. This wouldn't work on commission but might entitle the enthusiast to money off NVA purchases for themselves?
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
EcoFreek (Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:46 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Another suggestion received via FB is that this could appeal to those who work part time or who are putting together a portfolio career.
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

For clarity - if a customer placed an order after a home demo from a 'field agent', the 30 day home trial would still apply.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

What sort of monthly fee?

And what sort of investment in equipment up front? £2000?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Lindsayt wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:12 pm What sort of monthly fee?

And what sort of investment in equipment up front? £2000?
Minimum kit outlay is in that sort of ballpark, I would think, Lindsay.

The agents would sell the Artisan range (there's not enough margin in the Model Worker range to fund a commission).

At 45% off retail, you could get a P50sa, M300s, a BMU and a small selection of cables, as an example.

We will point potential customers towards the agents who stock the items they are interested in, so the more of the range you stock, the more leads you will get.

£100 a month feels about right as a fee - most of that will go into online advertising to get leads for the agents. If we start with 6 agents then £500 a month of that £600 would be spent on on advertising, and NVA would add to that figure.

I'm travelling most of today. Please do keep asking questions and I'll post again tomorrow.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
CycleCoach (Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:09 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:53 pm

Also had a suggestion of something along the lines of the National Gardens Scheme for those who are happy to open up their listening rooms for people to hear NVA. This wouldn't work on commission but might entitle the enthusiast to money off NVA purchases for themselves?
RD started a thread on these lines and I was one of the ones who put their name down. The offer still stands, but anyone entering the house would need to be double jabbed.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I thought it was going well until the £100 a month advertising fee was floated - I have not crunched the numbers it's more a gut reaction
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
antonio66 (Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:45 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

NSNO2021 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:49 pm I thought it was going well until the £100 a month advertising fee was floated - I have not crunched the numbers it's more a gut reaction
Make a certain level of sales in a month and we'll waive the fee for that month. Without sales, or a fee, then it's simply a way for someone to get 45% off the kit. Compare the suggested cost of entry (and ongoing fees) to other franchise type opportunities that have a recognised brand behind them.
I am in the hi-fi trade