Your last listen

All music posts here please.
Gromit
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your last listen

Unread post by Gromit »

Yesterday was spent mostly listening to...

Toto - Falling in Between.

Although it's been out a while, this gets my vote as the best album I've heard this year. Peerless musicianship (Steve Lukather imho one of the finest rock guitarists to ever breathe God's air) beautifully structured songs with properly sophisticated musical structure.

Well worth getting hold of the live version on Blu-Ray if you have a telly and sound system up to the job. Simply awesome production of one of the world's greatest bands.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

Ronin
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ronin »

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

Gromit wrote:Yesterday was spent mostly listening to...

Toto - Falling in Between.

Although it's been out a while, this gets my vote as the best album I've heard this year. Peerless musicianship (Steve Lukather imho one of the finest rock guitarists to ever breathe God's air) beautifully structured songs with properly sophisticated musical structure.

Well worth getting hold of the live version on Blu-Ray if you have a telly and sound system up to the job. Simply awesome production of one of the world's greatest bands.
It IS a great album: I've been playing it a lot recently.

Currently playing Thea Gilmore & Sandy Denny's "Don't Stop Singing": Thea has done a wonderful job interpreting Sandy's unused lyrics in a style that does justice to both musicians.
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

The Essential Dougie Maclean .

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

I don't think I've ever had the TV on so much, but the Olympics are completely engrossing. Such emotion, it's difficult not to be captivated by the lives and efforts of those taking part...

Which means that the music has taken a back seat. However, I've just put on Patti Smith's new LP, "Banga": a real return to her 70's form.
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I'm to young to have caught patti smith first time round :D , but i heared some of her new album of bbc ws the other day and i must say it piqued my interest .

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Just been listening to Barry Adamson LP’s some of the tracks are great and some not so good but I have to say one that I missed quiet like King of Nothing Hill, and Oedipus Schmoedipus not my usual type of music but at least half the tracks are good. Last night it was some old favorites Tracy Chapman, Bowie, Pink Floyd early Tare and Dire straits
Beresford Caiman Ipod

AJSki2fly

Unread post by AJSki2fly »

Santana - Caravanserai MFSL copy on CD, arrive yesterday and it is fantastic, I forgot just how good the album is...
Last edited by AJSki2fly on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheer Adrian 8-)

Project Xperience 2 Pack with Ortofon Rondo Blue Cartridge
Cambridge Azur 640P Phono Stage
Meridian 508 CD
Meridian 562 Multimedia Controller
Meridian 565 Digital Sound Processor
Meridian 557 200w/channel Power Amp for Stereo and Fronts

Dali Ikon 6 mk2 (Stereo fronts)
Centre - Meridian - Active Speaker
Rear & Centres - Mission Flat speakers driven by 50w/channel amp
Mission - Active Sub-Woofer

A sweet sounding set up.

AJSki2fly

Unread post by AJSki2fly »

The Yes Album, Japanese HMCD, arrived today, brilliant resolution and separation well worth the cost, a must for all those prog rockers out there.

Tales from Topographic Oceans on HMCD is pretty good as well, will test your systems ability to seperate out all those multi-layers.

Currently spinning Weather Report - Heavy Weather, the Collectors Edition Master Sound, wonderful music and fantastic bass, :D
Cheer Adrian 8-)

Project Xperience 2 Pack with Ortofon Rondo Blue Cartridge
Cambridge Azur 640P Phono Stage
Meridian 508 CD
Meridian 562 Multimedia Controller
Meridian 565 Digital Sound Processor
Meridian 557 200w/channel Power Amp for Stereo and Fronts

Dali Ikon 6 mk2 (Stereo fronts)
Centre - Meridian - Active Speaker
Rear & Centres - Mission Flat speakers driven by 50w/channel amp
Mission - Active Sub-Woofer

A sweet sounding set up.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

John Martyn - Solid Air
J.J. Cale - Troubador

I was having a chill out session.........

P.S.
Anyone into Pink Floyd / Roger Waters...?
Then check out.... Lee Saunders - A Promise Of Peace. Mind blowing (hard to find - but google it).