Never to old to Rock & Roll

All music posts here please.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Never to old to Rock & Roll

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I've just read Chester in rolling stone. He wasn't asked to do the tour because Phil fell out with him during his drink and divorce issues in 2010.

Another reason not to see the tour, it ain't genesis without Chester. It wasn't genesis without Phil in the calling all stations debacle and it ain't genesis without Chester.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

At least Daryl Stuermer is still there.

It would be interesting to hear more of the time that Bill Bruford played with them on a tour. But he's in permanent retirement now.

Basically any lineup that includes Banks & Rutherford is, effectively, Genesis.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I think The Who have conluded they are too old to rock n' roll, or will be by the time this Covid hell is over. A week or so ago it was anounced that the tour which was rescheduled for March had been put back to December, the band making a statement on the lines that they did not want to deprive fans of the last chance to see them. Now the tour has been cancelled. Those who bought tickets through Ticketmaster have been notified or refunds. I bought mine in person at the box office and have heard nothing. So long ago that I can't remember if I paid by credit card. They have my address as I received a letter advising of the cancellation of the original date. A recorded message says refunds will be issued for cancelled events. All the more disapointing as the last time I saw The Who it was cut short with Daltrey losing his voice, turning out to be quite serious with the onset of meningitus. I fear it sould be a similar situation with the other tickets I have for Magnum and Nick Mason, both in their autumn years. I am not making plans of any sort until there is a return to some sort of normality.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

I've got tickets for the Genesis and - if allowed - will happily go and see them, possibly for the last time. However, this live show from the Rainbow in 1977 is how I remember them:

It's a shortened version for Radio, but makes you wish you could re-mix Seconds Out, and re-release it as a triple album...
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU