Music.

All music posts here please.
Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Music.

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

Like many of us times have been hard. Not so much for me as I'm on a pension and have been for a few years, so I've gotten used to living within that. During this time music has been a mainstay. Cant be bothered with tv , its shite, rather read or listen. A few recent changes have made "the music" even more enjoyable , AP30, Longdog phono and just LISTENING. I have never found forums to be my thing tended to ask for advice then ignore it and go with my ears :shock: . R.D once told me if I don't like the answers, don't ask the questions :grin: He was so right .After all who knows what YOU hear. It amazes me that even here people argue semantics, believe they know better, dismiss posts as "Shilling" or whatever, commenting on peoples spending and judgment. WHY? I thought the common goal was music? I don't want to be presumptive, but I believe that's were the man started out. I believe its shameful to dismiss anyone's opinions as uninformed , wrong or whatever, after all they are only saying what THEY heard. I understand that others have "HEARD" far more than me and believe they are far better to judge our choices , maybe that's true. After this rant all I can say is enjoy whatever you listen to, Music is great ain't it :guiness; The rest is :Bllocks:
These users thanked the author Ordinaryman for the post:
slinger (Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:10 pm)

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Music.

Unread post by karatestu »

Forum's do tend to bring out the worst in some people. They are best off ignored. Reading lots of different forums can take up a serious amount of your time. I have had to have words with myself on numerous occasions to stop reading them and actually get something done whether that be make something or just listen to music whilst I do my admin (farmers / business people are just paper shufflers these days :roll: ).

This forum is better than all the rest (imo) for avoiding all the pettiness that goes on at other places. It does occasionally happen here :whistle: Yes many do think they know best. When ego is involved all sorts can happen.

The equipment we talk about is only a way to hear the music how you like it. The important bit being how you like it :grin: If the equipment is coloured and you like it then what does it matter. If somebody comes on here and says you can't do that because this will happen, it's all wrong - my reply is so what, it's not you that listens to it. If I said my diy speakers were better than anyone else's then that would be a different matter. Some people got upset because I set about a pair of MS902S speakers with a chainsaw :roll: Can you believe it. Life is to short.

Anyway, yes the music is the most important thing. I am going to be just like Geoff of this parish - once I have completed my diy system then that is it, no more fannying about with equipment, box swapping or thinking of upgrades and more time for listening and drinking beer :guiness;

Cheers :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Thank you. :dance:

Twistedheat02

Unread post by Twistedheat02 »

Great post OP

Want to start WW3? Start a forum thread on hifi cables :grin:

I agree music is the first priority :)
Amps: Nva p50 pre, 2 x marantz sm17 power Amps

Digital: Chord hugo

Analogue: Rega P3, Graham slee era v gold

Speakers :Pmc 21,

Cables: speaker, NVA LS6, interconnect, ssp mk2

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I've said it over and over, my only real interest in hi-fi is getting the best sound for my money. I did that with my main (NVA) system, and now I'm having fun swapping bits and pieces on a second system, where I've set a nominal price limit of £350.00 on any one component. That gives me loads of leeway on cables etc, but there wasn't so much on major bits and bobs like the amp and cd player (both Primare) and my DAC, which is a Chinese D70 clone. Speaking as another pensioner, the real "fun" there was in sourcing them for a price I could afford.

Hi-fi is just my way of getting to the music, and I'd much rather listen to music than my hi-fi any day.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

It is all about the music for me and the equipment is a medium. Music has always been very imprtant to me and never more so than this year when I feel that I only have half a life. This forum is different to others in that it is not populated by compulsive box swappers with a fair sprinkling of flat earth zombies and objectivist who do not trust their years. I have been spending less and less time on other hifi forums, except to fall asleep.
These users thanked the author CN211276 for the post:
karatestu (Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:54 pm)
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Flat earth zombies, objectivists and box swappers? That is what worries me to, because when I hear it. which I don't much, it makes me also fall asleep :doh:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

If we got too close to the edge of the world we might fall off and end up in flat earth hell. The last thing you want to do is end up being proded up the ass with a three pronged Ekos by the son of Ivor (666) and made to chant "one, two, I love the tune dem".
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post (total 2):
slinger (Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:24 pm) • CN211276 (Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Shame on you. Who in this day and age gives a f.ck about all that? Ad hominem removed. Play the ball not the man.

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

With respect to Ad Hominem, I will play the ball. Why when everyone has moved on, we are talking 40+ years here. What is it that riles people so much? :violin: