Genesis release

All music posts here please.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Genesis release

Unread post by Lindsayt »

NSNO2021 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 pm
Lindsayt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:33 pm Will it be one of those compressed to high heaven re-masters?
Here's my best guess and that's yes. I cannot think of any LP I have played that contains 7 or 8 tracks per side that was anything than okish to poor and this is case for sides 1 & 2. I will probably pick it up second hand in the CD format somewhere down the line.
Yeah. Especially if 1 of the 7 tracks is Supper's Ready. :lol:

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Theo please have a look at Frets link to the tracks
Side 1 = 7 tracks
Side 2 = 8 tracks
Side 3 = 6 tracks
Side 4 = 6 tracks

Quite where you get your understanding of the number of tracks is a mystery to me. Furthermore at > £60 plus postage I think everyone involved in deciding the price of this album is taking the profiteering piss 👎
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

For vinyl release its moderately expensive. But anyone who as the albums , it's superfluous.

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

It's another band that is too old to rock n roll, why don't they just hang up their instruments and retire gracefully, for me I'd just rather remember them in their pomp, like the time I saw them at Birmingham CC, 90% of the audience standing up clapping away with the song, they came along way from performing at the Cleethorpes Grammar School 6th form dance :lol:

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

NSNO2021 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:21 pm Theo please have a look at Frets link to the tracks
Side 1 = 7 tracks
Side 2 = 8 tracks
Side 3 = 6 tracks
Side 4 = 6 tracks

Quite where you get your understanding of the number of tracks is a mystery to me. Furthermore at > £60 plus postage I think everyone involved in deciding the price of this album is taking the profiteering piss 👎
It's not side one, it's disc one:

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl ... lsrc=aw.ds
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Theo my apologies, your right and I am wrong. Not sure how I got so muddled up, maybe a lack of sleep or the medicine I have just started taking but I am the one confused, not you 😔
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

NP :)

I'd still not buy it, even if it were more reasonably priced. It's just a poor representation of a 'best of'.
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Anybody go to Birmingham. I've seen videos.

2 backing singers to fill in for Phil weedy voice. The songs have been simplified.

I've read the reviews which are all positive, despite reservations.
Anybody a personal testimony?

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

I was at the first gig. Tentative start, Phil obviously not in good shape and struggled with the vocals at times, with some songs transposed down two keys. And yet...

The visuals were spectacular, Mike's guitar playing has improved, Daryl's solos were also good, Nic is a monster drummer, albeit with less jazz feel than his father. Tony's keyboard patches are better. Backing singers were a nice addition: ironically, on Carpet Crawl Phil takes the low line and the backing singers the high harmonising, the opposite of what happened during the Lamb tour.

Phil's vocals got better as the night went on, and listening to playbacks of the 2nd & 3rd nights, he's becoming more comfortable. I'll be at Manchester on Friday for the 4th night: will report back.

Honestly? A shadow of the band in their prime, but I was really happy to be there. I suspect it's an age thing...
These users thanked the author Theo for the post (total 2):
Fretless (Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:07 pm) • CN211276 (Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:05 pm)