Which Hi-fi forums do you post on and why

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling

Which Hi-Fi forums do you post on

Art of Sound
24%
Pink Fish Media
26%
Hi-Fi Wigwam
13%
What Hi-fi
5%
Others
32%

Total votes: 177

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Which Hi-fi forums do you post on and why

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Which Hi-Fi forums do you post on and why? (Trying out the poll option)

kevjones

Re: Which Hi-fi forums do you post on and why

Unread post by kevjones » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:43 am

Seems to work!

To be fair I hardly post on any forum but I do enjoy reading them. I think it reflects how I am in life!
I admit I have some very old NVA gear in my hi fi

shevans

Unread post by shevans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 am

More of a lurker, just a few odd posts on the Wam & Pink Fish. I do also read AOS but not registered.

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:45 am

Only this one and AOS. I don't even read any of the others - unless there's a particular link to something.

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 am

Used to post more often on the main three. Quite sporadic these days: trying to waste less time on forums, as I found them too engrossing. Needed to kick the habit :)
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; SME V/Ortofon Cadenza Blue Phono: Whest PS30R. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo. Digital: NVA TFS. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 pm

I post on pfm very rarely these days because it felt like I was always the away team at a football match.

I post rarely on Wigwam. It just seems that that there's not many topics on there that interest me or where I feel I can contribute to the debate. I do like the bake-off culture that they have on that forum.

I post frequently enough on What Hi-fi. When I first started posting on there, my views on hi-fi and the best ways to buy it were completely the opposite to the vast majority of posters. Over the last year there has been an improvement with more and more posters interested in alternatives the previous status quo there: buying new from a dealers after a demo, splitting budget according approximate percentage guidelines, slimline ported speakers, buying well known mostly British brands only.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Lindsayt wrote:
I post rarely on Wigwam. It just seems that that there's not many topics on there that interest me or where I feel I can contribute to the debate. I do like the bake-off culture that they have on that forum.
Nail > Head.

As I said a while back on the old HifiSubj forum, I've largely given up posting about hifi - most of the time I've been chatting about motorcycling on Wigwam. I don't think it's a disillusionment particularly, it's more the case that a lot of the time I really cannot believe what I'm reading - one example is people discussing (and arguing over) instrumental tonality, without any point of reference whatsoever, is one of my pet hates.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

applemarc
Great Britain

Unread post by applemarc » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I only post on wigwam so I can sell my pre amp and speaker cable I do read some of the others
SME30,SME V,Koetsu Jade Diamond, Balanced Audio Technology VK-D5SE SUPER PAK cd player,NVA TCS/TAS, NVA CUBIX PRO Wadia 171 Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Gromit wrote:
Lindsayt wrote:
Nail > Head.

As I said a while back on the old HifiSubj forum, I've largely given up posting about hifi - most of the time I've been chatting about motorcycling on Wigwam. I don't think it's a disillusionment particularly, it's more the case that a lot of the time I really cannot believe what I'm reading - one example is people discussing (and arguing over) instrumental tonality, without any point of reference whatsoever, is one of my pet hates.
Especially with pianos. I think piano is the biggest and best test for a hi-fi system. People who don't like pianos have crap systems IMO, but I re-interate only IMO.

I like hearing which is the best or most interesting, obviously the recording comes into it. This is an example of what I think is a good piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtVBJDPs6k A Fazioli baby or boudoir grand by the look of it.

f1eng

Unread post by f1eng » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Gromit wrote:
Lindsayt wrote: I post rarely on Wigwam. It just seems that that there's not many topics on there that interest me or where I feel I can contribute to the debate. I do like the bake-off culture that they have on that forum.
Nail > Head.

Especially with pianos. I think piano is the biggest and best test for a hi-fi system. People who don't like pianos have crap systems IMO, but I re-interate only IMO.

I like hearing which is the best or most interesting, obviously the recording comes into it. This is an example of what I think is a good piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtVBJDPs6k A Fazioli baby or boudoir grand by the look of it.
I completely agree with the Piano hypothesis. My wife is a professional musician, and we have a Steinway Model B piano in the music room which is played frequently, so I am very familiar with it. I have done a fair bit of amateur recordings of her, and others, over the years. Making a piano sound realistic is difficult but worthwhile!