NVA and Others For Sale

Private sales of kit go here.
Stemcor1990
Great Britain

NVA and Others For Sale

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

A house move move at some point in the near future means that I need to downsize a few things and one of these is my collection of hifi. After much angst, I have decided to let my NVA and some other items go to a new home.

P90SA/1 meter TIS/Second Statement/2 metres TSCS also known as LS7.

This is a formidable combination. The power amp is a single box design and is possibly the last one Richard Dunn built. The whole combo is as about as minimalist as it gets and dedicated to reproducing music as faithfully as possible. It hurts to let this go but I’m not in a position to keep it.

The amp is a classic RD build ie it weighs a ton. I’m not prepared to post this as I don’t trust the post office or any courier to deliver this undamaged. Consequently, I’m prepared to deliver the combo to any address in England, Wales or Scotland. I do not have any boxes as I live 30 minutes drive from what was Richards house so used to collect everything.

I want this to be delivered to somebody who will appreciate the virtues of NVA so have decided to offer some additional flexibility on the sale.

The price I’m looking for for the complete amplifier is £3,200 which is a significant saving on new. If somebody is interested but cannot afford this right now then I am prepared to either (1) take a non-refundable deposit with the balance to be paid at an agreed date or (2) payment by instalments. If you are an overseas buyer then I will need you to sort out your own courier and we will need to discuss packing. I will not be in a position to accept any responsibility for damage during shipment.

Also available is a mm Phono 2 and 2 x bbpsu. I was intending to get this combo to phono 3 level but Richard’s passing meant that this did not happen. The bbpsu is a significant improvement on the single or even dual psu for the phono 2.

The prices are £175 for the Phono 2 and £525 each for the bbpsu’s. No delivery but the prices include shipping to any UK address. If you are an overseas buyer then let’s discuss (via a conversation) and see what can be done.

All of the NVA above is in immaculate condition apart from some miniscule polishing swirls which is inevitible with acrylic cases.

Pioneer A9 (communication system) amplifier plus matching F7 tuner. Both have the “flaps” intact. The amp has mc and mm inputs, tone controls and a tone control defeat plus other features and lots of lights in the way that only a pioneer can. Lots of fun to listen to. This was the top of the range amp.
Price for the pair is £300 delivered although I will listen to offers if you only want either the amp or the tuner.

Marantz PM55SE. A lovely starter amp. The remote control (sadly) is long gone. Would make the basis of an excellent starter system. Price is £60 posted.

Pioneer TX608L tuner. An underrated tuner. These crop up on ebay frequently. Only caveat is a short mains lead. Hence £35 posted.

Hitachi FT5500 mk 2. A highly regarded tuner from the late 80’s and it’s easy to hear why. £35 posted.

Pioneer PL71. I have 2 of these and am not sure if I want to sell one ! The one I am considering selling comes with the original headshell but no cartridge. I have been using this a lot. The speed can drift a bit during the first 20 minutes but once corrected using the speed adjusters it’s not a problem. I’m not sure what I should be asking for this so open to offers although I’m not going to give this away.

I’m happy to send photos to any prospective buyer.

Savvy, I’ve sent £20 being the cost to advertise.

I hope that I’ve covered everything but please feel free to ask any questions.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Re: NVA and Others For Sale

Statement amp, P90SA and cables now sold subject to payment.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Hitachi tuner now sold.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Statement amp, P90Sa etc now sold and paid for.

Any interest in the phono ? I’m open to an offer.

keithbunt@gmail.com
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by keithbunt@gmail.com »

I’ve just purchased an AP10H headphone amp (which I received yesterday and haven’t had chance to listen to it yet!) for my vinyl system and am in need of a phono preamp for MM. I’m based in Manchester. Is it still available?

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

There is an Nva phono stage on eBay at the moment- it’s mc but also pricey
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Keith, I have a purchaser for the phono plus both PSUs.

Is there any interest from anybody for the pioneers or the Marantz ?
These users thanked the author Stemcor1990 for the post:
keithbunt@gmail.com (Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:05 pm)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The seller eBay is hoping to get more than he paid.

You may as well wait for the new ones and buy that than line the pockets of a charlatan
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
TheMarlin (Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:44 pm)

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

I’m drifting on my own thread now but did anybody notice that a P20/A20 sold on ebay for £540 recently and no mention of interconnects in the sale.

If I recall correctly, the Doc was selling these pre/power with some sound cord and a starter speaker cable for £299.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Stemcor1990 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:51 pm I’m drifting on my own thread now but did anybody notice that a P20/A20 sold on ebay for £540 recently and no mention of interconnects in the sale.

If I recall correctly, the Doc was selling these pre/power with some sound cord and a starter speaker cable for £299.
I bought mine for not a lot more than that and added Cubettes. Won't be selling. :grin:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc