Secondhand items - pricing debate

Private sales of kit go here.
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Secondhand items - pricing debate

Unread post by montechristo358 »

do you think a new one is value for money?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

montechristo358 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:27 pm do you think a new one is value for money?
As it happens, I do.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

montechristo358 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:27 pm do you think a new one is value for money?
On the face of it, the current amp looks expensive for what it is. However we aren't talking a mass produced product here but a hand built, British made, quality piece of equipment. Factor in the low production level and customer service offered, free home trial, trade in options etc. and it begins to look different.

Unfortunately, I have no recent experience of the Hi-Fi market to make any kind of reasoned judgement. I have even less experience of the low volume Hi-Fi market so I am not the best person to ask whether it is actually good value for money. It is only by comparing it with other, similar, products that one can determine whether it is value of one's own money.

For me the answer would be no. The reason is that I have no use of a headphone amplifier so I wouldn't be considering such an item in the first place. It is all down to personal requirements.

DaveyTed
Great Britain

Unread post by DaveyTed »

Before deciding if a used item is worth the money asked I want to know what the spec is compared to a new one.