Phono 2 MC (older, 2 x PSU version) - £500 delivered

Private sales of kit go here.
Berty bass
Great Britain

Phono 2 MC (older, 2 x PSU version) - £500 delivered

Unread post by Berty bass »

As this is the older version and is therefore demonstrably different to the new version that Zebbo currently has for sale, I hope that this does not crap on his thread.

Having recently retired, I find I have less disposable income to devote to Hi-Fi, and having also managed shortly after to knacker the cantilever on my AT33PTG II, I have resorted to using the Goldring 2400 MI cartridge I had spare through the MM channel on my Rega Elicit amp. This has served me very well, and I am now reconciled to probably not having the kind of funds readily available that I'd need if I were to source a new MC that obviously out performed the Goldring. I've therefore decided to sell my NVA Phono 2 preamp.

My version is the slightly older (about 6-7 years old), upgraded 3 box version - each of the two PSU's are individually boxed. This version was originally a head unit and separate PSU, to which a second PSU could be added (which I obviously) did to enhance performance. I'm sure there's no one here who needs telling what a great piece of kit this is - though I can't comment as to how it compares to the current version. This has been advertised elsewhere for a few weeks and no one has bitten, so I'm happy to offer it to you subjectivists for a lower price. N.B. There is a slight scratch on the top of one of the PSUs, which I have tried to show.

Collection is also an option, of course. I'm in Chester, easily accessible from the M6 corridor and the likes of Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales.

Berty bass
Great Britain

Re: Phono 2 MC (older, 2 x PSU version) - £500 delivered

Any takers? Surprised there's been so little interest so far.

Berty bass
Great Britain

Re: Phono 2 MC (older, 2 x PSU version) - £500 delivered

Okay, folks, open to reasonable offers on this now. So, don't be bashful, feel free to take a punt.