Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Nearlymusical »

Hi
Been lurking a while but finally off the sidelines and on the pitch - hoping give my two penneth worth.
Just to mention that it looks like Audiojumble is back - Feb 2022 in Kent - obviously not so good for international travellers or even those from up North - but its a cracking event for clearing out the stuff that you will never use - and then replacing it with more stuff .... YMMV
I had a stall ( aka folding table) a couple of times Its a great day- lots of camaraderie - even interesting to those who don't know their Linn from their LAN
Looking fwd to the exchange

https://hifipig.com/audiojumble-is-back-in-2022/
Aurender N100H > SoTM USB cable > Audio DG DI-20 (I2s out ) > Audioquest Carbon 48 HDMI cable > PS audio Directstream DAC > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > Modwright 36.5 Pre > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > PS Audio M1200 Monoblocks > Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cable > Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrod speakers

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Welcome to HFS, Nearlymusical. Audiojumble, that's the one at the Angel Centre in Tonbridge, isn't it? I keep meaning to stick my head in as I'm only just down the road, but so far life has intervened every time.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Welcome to the forum nearlymusical. I also have a Mscaler. Mine is connected to a Qutest.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Unread post by Nearlymusical »

Hey thanks for the welcome CN - I have been very interested in your posts, I notice and agree with what you have been saying to the community about the MScaler and TBH I have found that there is a bit of wizardry needed to make the system sing. I came from a 100 % analogue background and have spent the last year on a steep learning curve on getting to a point where my digital front end is the equal of anything I ever had before - its been mostly trial and error and I dont believe most of what the manufacturers say - I think its all about listening and making up your own mind- which seems to be pretty much what everyone on the forum can sign up to - but nice to have a kindred spirit - it worried me I was all alone in appreciating the Chord line - their DAC's etc have meant I can enjoy listening to digital with the same enjoyment as I had with my Townsend rock ...........TBC
These users thanked the author Nearlymusical for the post:
CN211276 (Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:32 am)
Aurender N100H > SoTM USB cable > Audio DG DI-20 (I2s out ) > Audioquest Carbon 48 HDMI cable > PS audio Directstream DAC > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > Modwright 36.5 Pre > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > PS Audio M1200 Monoblocks > Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cable > Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrod speakers

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome Nearly, the more the merrier

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Hi Nearly and welcome to the forum.

We are very suspicious here of manufacturers claims, marketing and lies so you have picked the right place to be.

Nothing wrong with liking Chord or any other gear for that matter as long as you used your ears to decide, enjoy listening to the music it reproduces and have pockets deep enough :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Nearlymusical wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:04 pm Hey thanks for the welcome CN - I have been very interested in your posts, I notice and agree with what you have been saying to the community about the MScaler and TBH I have found that there is a bit of wizardry needed to make the system sing. I came from a 100 % analogue background and have spent the last year on a steep learning curve on getting to a point where my digital front end is the equal of anything I ever had before - its been mostly trial and error and I dont believe most of what the manufacturers say - I think its all about listening and making up your own mind- which seems to be pretty much what everyone on the forum can sign up to - but nice to have a kindred spirit - it worried me I was all alone in appreciating the Chord line - their DAC's etc have meant I can enjoy listening to digital with the same enjoyment as I had with my Townsend rock ...........TBC
Nice to read that someone is interested in my posts. :lol: I have a modestj vinyl set up but in some aspect I preferred its sound to digital, especially for extended listening. Manufactures spout a lot of :Bllocks: but in the case of the Mscaler there is substance and the only way to judge is with your ears in your own system. For me it combines the benefits of analogue and digital. Following the loan when I had to wait a number of weeks for one to come in stock it felt like I was missing a lot of the music. I played more of my old vinyl. As to deep pockets, a Mscaler with dual BNC DAC will not set you back more than a top quality TT, arm, cartridge and phono stage, not to mention the price of vinyl.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Nearlymusical wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 pm Hi
Been lurking a while but finally off the sidelines and on the pitch - hoping give my two penneth worth.
Just to mention that it looks like Audiojumble is back - Feb 2022 in Kent - obviously not so good for international travellers or even those from up North - but its a cracking event for clearing out the stuff that you will never use - and then replacing it with more stuff .... YMMV
I had a stall ( aka folding table) a couple of times Its a great day- lots of camaraderie - even interesting to those who don't know their Linn from their LAN
Looking fwd to the exchange

https://hifipig.com/audiojumble-is-back-in-2022/
Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

"Nice to read that someone is interested in my posts." :o

There's always one CN :grin:

n4nottwo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by n4nottwo »

new around these parts. stumbled across an nva a20/p20 auction on ebay and a few hours down the rabbit hole later I knew I had to have it. who knows where this nva journey might take me.

I am down in east sussex fwiw.