Who do you support...!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Who do you support...!!!

Unread post by CN211276 »

:arrow:
Lindsayt wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:33 pm Bit shit? It was fantastic, for once to be treated as a viewer that's into football that can work things out for himself by watching the footballing action unfold.

Instead of being told what's happening by some commentator. And then being told what I've just seen, according to the opinions of some unimaginative ex footballer or of some partisan manager or player.

I'd love it if they did an alternative MotD each week. A version without all the stodgy filler and with more actual football featured in it. That would be the version I'd watch.
You can do what I do a lot of the time. Record it and fast forward the analysis. I often switch the sound off and play music. The voices of some of these female commentators give me a headache.
These users thanked the author CN211276 for the post:
Lindsayt (Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:10 pm)
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I went and had a look.
I thought it was probably a filler reel that would be shown at half-time on certain other TV channels. (BEIN Sport etc)
I'm glad you liked it Lindsay.
I didn't: Barely 20mins with absolutely zero impression of how the games ebbed and flowed etc.
These users thanked the author CycleCoach for the post:
Lindsayt (Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:10 pm)
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Indeed 15 to 20 minutes per match would be a lot better than just the goalmouth action.
What with the ball being in play for about 55 minutes per match, showing about a third of the in play action would give a reasonable feeling of the ebb and flow, whilst being time efficient.

Alas I don't have a video recorder as I couldn't justify the additional expense when mine went kaput. What with me watching almost nothing apart from sport and blu rays on TV.

I don't get headaches from female commentators. Having EV Sentry III's and a Brik as my front speakers might be helping in that department.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post (total 2):
CN211276 (Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:45 pm) • CycleCoach (Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:18 am)

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

As an England supporter, I think I'm justified in attaching my post to this thread...

Congratulations to the England U21 football team who have just won the UEFA U21 Championship. They achieved this without conceding a single goal all tournament and scoring eleven, and it's an absolutely huge result for us.

We led 1 - 0 in the final - against Spain U21 - from just before half-time right up until injury time in the second half when Spain were awarded a (dodgy) penalty. James Trafford, in goal for us, not only saved the penalty but saved the follow-up shot as well. Our winning goal was scored by Curtis Jones of Liverpool FC, who was voted player of the match for the second game running, and who was my pick for England Player Of The Tournament.

There is some hope in England's footballing future.

A bit of pub quiz trivia for you. England's last two goals in the final of the UEFA Under-21s European Championship (39 years apart) have been scored by Scousers, from Toxteth, who both graduated from the Liverpool FC youth ranks, Howard Gayle, and Curtis Jones.

Next up, starting on July 20th, is the Women's World Cup, from Australia and NZ. England's first game kicks off at 10:30 in the morning our time on Saturday 22nd of July, and I shall be glued to it.
These users thanked the author slinger for the post (total 3):
Firebug1 (Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:58 pm) • antonio66 (Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:05 am) • CycleCoach (Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:22 am)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X