Who do you support...!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Who do you support...!!!

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Lindsayt wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:12 pm Croatia - Morocco final? :grin:
:Bllocks:

I can't support Argentina after 1982, 1986 and that Top Gear Special.
And whilst I love visiting France on holiday, their football team is more amusing when it loses.

Lindsayt
Nauru

With the passing of Motty, I came across an interview from 1980 with Brian Clough where he was making the point that Match of the Day had too much lecturing and not enough football.

As usual, Clough was spot on. I love watching the football highlights on MOTD. I get bored by the punditry, analysis and talk talk talk about what I've just seen.

When are those clowns at the BBC going to start editing their flagship football programme properly? Probably never. Because they think they know better than Cloughie.

Geoff_Burns
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff_Burns »

I'm afraid I find football less interesting than amateur nose-picking.
Although I did once {ONCE} attend a game, but only because I was given a free ticket to watch Glentoran trounce Leeds United in Belfast.
That was 50 years ago and a single match was more than enough.
__

Rega P3/Exact, NVA PA50/S80 (HF)/M160 monoblocks (LF)/AP10H Headphone Amp/P1 Phono (MM), Rega Apollo, Wharfdale Pacific Pi-120, Sennheiser HD660S.

Canon RP (lenses from 4 - 600mm) & EOS1100D, Minolta Dynax 3, Mamiya RB67, Chinon CA4.
Toyota HiLux (Vigo) Doublecab.
__

Lindsayt
Nauru

Lindsayt wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:03 pm With the passing of Motty, I came across an interview from 1980 with Brian Clough where he was making the point that Match of the Day had too much lecturing and not enough football.

As usual, Clough was spot on. I love watching the football highlights on MOTD. I get bored by the punditry, analysis and talk talk talk about what I've just seen.

When are those clowns at the BBC going to start editing their flagship football programme properly? Probably never. Because they think they know better than Cloughie.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64918162
With no punditry, tonight's MOTD is shaping up to be the best ever. I'm looking forward to it.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
CN211276 (Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:16 am)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Tonight's MOTD will now be on Ceefax, only.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

Bring back the teleprinter..
These users thanked the author Grumpytim for the post:
slinger (Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:13 pm)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Best MotD ever. But a bit of a missed opportunity from the BBC. They could have shown more football and not just the goalmouth incidents and the red card. A graphic to show who is playing would be useful - maybe to be shown as they are showing the first minute of highlighted play.

And I wish they'd stop showing the reactions of the managers. It's annoying when they keep showing shots of the managers instead of the football.

It was soo nice, not having biased partisan manager-speak. And no cliches nor platitudes from players in post match interviews. And best of all, no lecturing from Shearer, Wright et al.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
CN211276 (Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:04 am)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I didn't watch it. I've learnt through experience that I don't much enjoy the Tory imposed austerity versions of any of our public services.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
CycleCoach (Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:55 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

Apparently it had half a million extra viewers compared to last week (2.6m v 2.1m) and it was a bit shit.
I suspect it was a highlights only package picked up from another broadcaster, so even this version isn't sustainable long term.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Bit shit? It was fantastic, for once to be treated as a viewer that's into football that can work things out for himself by watching the footballing action unfold.

Instead of being told what's happening by some commentator. And then being told what I've just seen, according to the opinions of some unimaginative ex footballer or of some partisan manager or player.

I'd love it if they did an alternative MotD each week. A version without all the stodgy filler and with more actual football featured in it. That would be the version I'd watch.