Who do you support...!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
joe
Has thanked: 0

Re: Who do you support...!!!

Unread post by joe »

Liverpool FC since I was a nipper. Strictly speaking, I 'should' support Everton, being a left-footer, but for some unknown reason I plumped for Liverpool, even though my cousin was on Everton's books for a while, and my brother's a life-long Evertonian.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't really support anyone, my support as a kid went to Saracens as their traditional ground at Bramley Road Park was only a few hundred yards from my house as a child. At school about 1955 everyone was being asked by their peers who they supported and there was about a 50 - 50 split between Spurs and Arsenal, well not that interested and being a cantankerous sod even then at that age, and as Chelsea had just won the 1st division in 1955, I said Chelsea, just to get them to stop asking. Well stupidly it stuck (like lots of kids things) and I always check to see how they are doing, even when they were considered a joke about 20 years ago. I went a few times to games but found the whole process uncomfortable to stand and watch, so didn't go anymore. That was back in the days of Peter Osgood, Ron Harris, Peter Bonetti etc. Fun now they are are a top team for bragging rights :mrgreen:

My brother in law played for Spurs (Martin Chivers) so keeps telling me I should support them.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Congratulations ICT (Inverness Caley Thistle)....Now c'mon the Villa. :clap: :guiness;

jammy395

Oh dear, I guess 1 out of 2 aint bad......... :cry:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Jammy - Is this a picture of the game. It seems Caley has a snowman as goalkeeper :lol: and of course the essential man with a gun to scare off the Polar bears.

jammy395

Yougoddamnshitkickinmotherfukinwankinbastardnogoodlowlifescumbag......... :mrgreen:

Be nice..... :lol: :guiness;

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I'll be supporting Costa Rica and Japan tonight. I'll be laughing my tits off if they both win. Chances are I'll be relatively serious, but you never know.

I've been enjoying the Winter World Cup so far. The football. And not the under the surface politics, corruption and bullshit behind it all.
Highlights so far have been:
Italy not qualifying
Saudi Arabia beating Argentina
Japan beating Germany
Morocco winning their group
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
slinger (Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:55 pm)

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I wanted Wales to win but sadly that is not to be :cry: I'm not Welsh by the way. I just thought with it being their first world Cup since '58 it would be amazing.

Not sure who to support now. One of the underdogs . Don't care about England.

Classic Jammy above ^^^^ :lol:
DIY FREE ZONE

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Is there a football tournament on then??
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Lindsayt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:17 pm I'll be supporting Costa Rica and Japan tonight. I'll be laughing my tits off if they both win. Chances are I'll be relatively serious, but you never know.
:lol: