Taking the piss out of politics

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Taking the piss out of politics

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Alas my dancing days are currently curtailed. The bits of my right side which do move are at the moment some 3 seconds slower than my left side.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 am A theme of the Harry Meghan Oprah interview was how concerned they've been about their safety...

So they moved to Southern California, which is a part of the world with absolutely no gun toting crazy people in it. :violence-pistoldouble:
They were also concerned about racism (I have tried unsuccessfully to avoid all this), so they moved to America.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

I guess the issue is that we delude ourselves that the UK is not racist, just one look at the tabloids not just on this issue but on the poor souls trying to cross the channel in rubber boats should disabuse anybody of the notion that this country is a nice place to live if you are not of good anglo saxon stock. The irony being that we are a mongrel nation made up of the dregs of goodness knows how many waves of migration over the centuries.

Daniel Quinn

2 things

If you are not racist then you owe it to others to view them as not racist until they prove otherwise.

Second. Part of the current mess we are in ,is because we've insisted on verbal utterances being racist . If I employ you as managing director of my 50,000 people organisation and I say (in a jokey manner) he nigger you got the job ,am I racist. This wouldn't happen ,but it illustrates the point.

I would decriminalize verbal utterances. Defamation acts as a buffer,but bar that you can call people what you want..

If you want to be ignorant by referring to someone's colour or ethnicity ,I will defend your right to do so. If you want to not give a job, not offer a service or discriminate on colour and ethnicity ,then the law will deal with you
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Lindsayt (Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:57 am)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

One big silver lining is that it has resulted in one over opinionated moron being removed from our TV screens.
Although I have a feeling that he's like a cockroach infestation and it's only a matter of time before he's back.

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

Apologies for making a sweeping statement..

Agree with all you say, It's just me getting depressed about the direction I perceive that the country is drifting toward and I don't think it's a nice place. I'm not saying that everyone is a racist because that is clearly bunk, what really depresses me is that the likes of Piers and his ilk are allowed to persist. And definitely agree innocent until proven otherwise.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Lindsayt wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:57 am One big silver lining is that it has resulted in one over opinionated moron being removed from our TV screens.
Although I have a feeling that he's like a cockroach infestation and it's only a matter of time before he's back.
Amazon Prime series with Jeremy Clarkson - how to bully women and waiters
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Daniel Quinn

We need people like piers and clarkson . They help with balance.

Although piers should be serving time for phone hacking.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

It has been reported that some time ago Piers was in a relationship with Megham and he has an axe to grind as he was jilted. Don't know how much truth there is in this.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:18 pm We need people like piers and clarkson . They help with balance.

Although piers should be serving time for phone hacking.
I have often wondered who kept him out of jail and why, he certainly should have been locked up for what happened when he was editor
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables