HS2 opinions

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: HS2 opinions

Unread post by karatestu »

Remember the intro for Have I got news for you. The train charges north then does a swerve around Cheshire. :roll:
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post:
slinger (Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:49 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Geoff.R.G wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:36 pm
slinger wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:45 pm I thought everyone realised that the full title of the initiative is "Levelling Up About As Far As Watford, And Then Fuck 'Em." But that's a bit of a mouthful, so they just call it Levelling Up for short.
HS2 goes nowhere near Watford! It also, conveniently, appears to miss the PM’s constituency.
I was alluding to the old gag that says if you're driving up the M1 then the North of England starts at the Watford Gap Services, i.e. anything North of Watford is THE north as far as Westminster is concerned. ;) It's a bit like some of the dozy twunts on Twitter that I have to educate, who think that anyone who lives to the South of Watford is (and I quote) a Cock-er-nee. :roll:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

slinger wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:59 pm
Geoff.R.G wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:36 pm
slinger wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:45 pm I thought everyone realised that the full title of the initiative is "Levelling Up About As Far As Watford, And Then Fuck 'Em." But that's a bit of a mouthful, so they just call it Levelling Up for short.
HS2 goes nowhere near Watford! It also, conveniently, appears to miss the PM’s constituency.
I was alluding to the old gag that says if you're driving up the M1 then the North of England starts at the Watford Gap Services, i.e. anything North of Watford is THE north as far as Westminster is concerned. ;) It's a bit like some of the dozy twunts on Twitter that I have to educate, who think that anyone who lives to the South of Watford is (and I quote) a Cock-er-nee. :roll:
Watford is about 1/2 an hour’s drive from here HS2 is about 1/2 mile. The money needs to be spent North of Birmingham.
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post:
karatestu (Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:20 am)

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

I hope you know, Watford Gap is some distance from the Watford I assume you are talking about, it's nearer Birmingham than Watford. It's named after the small village of Watford, not the Watford north of London https://www.bing.com/maps?q=watford+gap ... A1&PC=U531

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

antonio66 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:08 am I hope you know, Watford Gap is some distance from the Watford I assume you are talking about, it's nearer Birmingham than Watford. It's named after the small village of Watford, not the Watford north of London https://www.bing.com/maps?q=watford+gap ... A1&PC=U531
Are you trying to tell me that St Albans isn't in the North?

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

The answer to this depends on who you ask and in the case of politicians why they think you are asking the question. Only death is a certainty, taxes depend on how rich you are and everything else ~ who knows 🤷 Definitely not me.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
antonio66 (Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

NSNO2021 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:37 am

The answer to this depends on who you ask and in the case of politicians why they think you are asking the question. Only death is a certainty, taxes depend on how rich you are and everything else ~ who knows 🤷 Definitely not me.
Now I am none the wiser and you have made a mistake in your post (delete the / from the first [/quote] so that the text in the brackets reads quote and it will display correctly

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Conservative Huw Merriman, the chairman of the Transport Select Committee, has told the Commons that the prime minister promised that HS2 and Northern Powerhouse rail "was not an either/or option" but says that those in Leeds and Bradford may view it as "neither".

"This is the danger in selling perpetual sunlight and then leaving it for others to explain the arrival of moonlight," he says.

I rather like that quote as a summary for Johnson's premiership, full stop.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Whatever the pros and cons of the project it is no surprise the compulsive habitual liar has gone back on his word. Early indications are that this is not going down well.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

When you dig into it, none of it is new money. All been diverted from other projects that were previously announced / didn't happen.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/