Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Alfi
Wales

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Alfi »

Yes indeed. He's a real gent on the blower too!

Absolutely nothing like that cantankerous old git Dr Bunsen Honeydew on the forums. :naughty:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Me likee being cantankerous old git.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

I think most of the audio world know that Richard, :lol: but most of us who have ears will continue buying your products and advising others we know to do likewise.

:guiness;

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:36 pm I can't effin' stand marmite, but that doesn't mean I regard the Doc alongside Marmite in any way. Apart from audio matters, where I deeply respect the willingness to try something different and achieving great sonic results that go against the grain for other big businesses that need consistency and profit first, I respect the fact that the Doc is the same to one's face as he is online - being two-faced, patronising and so on has NEVER been part of the agenda, unlike another manufacturer or two I can think of that I've crossed swords with in the past - and Marco's a pussy-cat in comparison with one individual I've known for a long time...
I agree with your comments on Richard.

The end of your post is such a tease. :grin:
I'm wondering if I know, or know of the person you're referring to at the end of your post. I can think of 1 possible candidate - but I could be well wide of the mark.

wallace
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wallace »

He is a very very nice man,who makes exceedingly good amps.I see no reason for further comment...Not been lately,any news i should know.???
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Eric Shun
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Eric Shun »

jayman67 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:00 pmafter ian and i cancelled our little get together to hear some phono stages richard contact us a few days later to say if we still wanted to hear his ones he would bring them down to ian's place.

due to a cock up the phono stages were for mc and not mm cartridges so we didn't get to hear them, he has since converted them over for mm and is sending them back down.

he was with us from 11am to 9pm and both ian and myself didnt know what to expect lol we both found him pleasant,friendly and in fact nothing like the man on the internet,we enjoyed chatting to him about his varied history in hifi etc and both agreed what a great day we'd had. you are welcome back anytime!

who would have thought it! :)
This might get lost in the Doc love fest, but I'm really pleased to hear this Jamie and we look forward to your full report in due course, both here and AoS (well, perhaps not the latter) :mrgreen: We should never let the bullies win, so well done everybody involved :clap:
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap:

Rick4001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rick4001 »

Pretty much what Jamie said really. Wasn't quite sure how things would go but need not have worried, interesting chat, excellent equipment and I feel I learned a lot. Music all day, fish and chips and a farting dog.....what's not to like.
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Much better in person than on the internet where he can be excessive obsessive

Makes hifi related products that are generally good to listen to

Has a blind spot on rubber bands
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You are still a member Bigman, you are one who asked for this thread, so where are you - lost your bottle, maybe because its not a firey one anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:epopc:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I was going to wait for Bigman (or Jez or Macca) but doesn't look like they will be putting their money where...

Richard is;

Radical, independent, relentless, innovative, evangelical, ruthless, indefatigable, analytically minded, intolerant, self-deprecating, completely sincere.

These qualities help to make him;

On one hand...a brilliantly talented designer whose products appeal to intelligent. independently-minded, experienced audiophiles. A champion for those same people. A valued and invaluable contributor to HFS. Completely reliable, trustworthy and faithful. Charming and engaging, in person.

On the other hand - almost completely intolerant of salesmen, marketeers, anyone who appears to be 'making it up', anyone who cannot comply with simple instructions, anyone who does him an injustice. Some people's worst enemy, online.

PS. Young & handsome, obviously.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/