Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have never once initiated conflict with anyone on the web, I have only replied to conflict initiated on me.

You fling shit at me and I will fling a bigger lump back - that is the simple philosophy behind it.

It started at original Wigwam, Zerogain and PFM. I stated that the industry is full of crooks and explained the bordering on criminal history and bullshit of Linn and Naim and the flat earth, and how the the retailers rip you off. ALL THE INDUSTRY DUNN TRUTHS, many members of those forums couldn't handle the truth as it made them look eeeediots, so I was attacked, I replied, I was attacked more, by more people, because THE TRUTH has been smothered by the bollocks.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain this.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I go along with most of what has been said and will add my contribution when returning from a holiday.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

What's this then, an arse licking thread? :lol: I've met Richard on a couple of occasions now and found him to be quiet, polite and helpful, if only his persona on the internet portrayed his true personality he would certainly not have had the shit thrown at him as has been the case. On more than a couple of occasions, in my opinion, he has unnecessarily jumped in with both guns blazing. The reason could have been a misunderstanding of the post replied to, but it would have been a good idea to count to 10 before posting. I would like to thank him for making great hifi and for enabling me to see some of the bullshit that goes on in the industry and forums.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

If you criticise someone you can make an enemy for life.

With some people if you criticise their hi-fi systems they take it as personal criticism of them. Especially if they've read a lot of hi-fi magazines, been to a lot of dealer demos, spent a lot of money on what they thought was a great sounding system that is actually a mediocre system.
Or especially if they've had a few below average systems and then fallen for the marketing spiel of one particular manufacturer that's sold them a system that has been better than what they've had before, but is still a mediocre system. With these people they can take it personally if you criticise their world view on hi-fi.

If you're active on hi-fi forums and if you challenge people that have mediocre systems or a stilted view of the world of hi-fi you will make enemies.

It's unavoidable.

For sure you will make more enemies if you have a direct or abrupt posting style.

But then one way of looking at it is: how big a loss is it if you make an enemy with a sensitive flower or a mega ego because of something you've said about their hi-fi or their views on hi-fi?

hillsanddalesrover

Unread post by hillsanddalesrover »

I've come to the conclusion there are two Richard Dunns.

One is as described by the fanboys, the other is more (much more) than the cantankerous old git he admits to.

Sad to say, the evangelical messages Richard tries to spread are greatly tainted by the internet antics he employs.

The "nice" Richard would have a much better chance of spreading the gospel to non believers.

A bit sad really.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Care to elucidate on my "internet tactics", as I for one haven't a clue what you mean.

hillsanddalesrover

Oh dear Richard, you should have gone to Specsavers.

The phrase was "internet antics".

Ask the bad Richard, he will know.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So I repeat what are these internet antics. If you make a statement here in generalities you will be asked to explain them, otherwise all sorts of nonsense and fantasies can be played out.

Please elucidate what you are referring to or remove the meaningless generalisation.

shanewhite

Unread post by shanewhite »

TerryMadher wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:37 am
Well you would, wouldn't you!........to slightly incorrectly quote Christine Keeler.
Nope. Mandy Rice-Davies.
Heybrook TT2 (original steel chassis version)
Mission 774
Denon DL103
Vintage Partridge/BBC SUTs
EMO Systems E235 phono preamp
Squeezebox 3
WAD KEL84
A&R Arcam Alpha CD
Mission 782
Projects:
Vestax/Heybrook hybrid turntable
Bitsa unipivot with Acutex M320 III STR cartridge.
Re-housed WAD Phono 2 with Nick Gorham design shunt PSU.

hillsanddalesrover

Well, as one example.

Calling people "fecking eedyats".

You may be an educated man, but not everyone is, and it's a very disparaging thing to say. If people don't understand what you say perhaps it's you not explaining things properly.

Also, you are downright disrespectful of other peoples opinions, and you are not (despite what you think) always right.

Most people can cope with strong opinions contrary to their own, but they don't want to feel rubbished and insulted, I'm sure you could learn to be more people friendly. :lol: