Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

BTW the Irish Gov is loving this, especially the republicans, they see it as giving a long overdue tail wagging that severely disturbs the dog.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

My prediction...much the same as now but under a different name.

There will be some form of customs union - but called a partnership or suchlike. No need for border in Ireland.

UK will 'choose to adopt' all EU regulation - but call it 'our own' legislation.

There will be free movement - but called bilateral arrangements. Governments will stop talking about immigration targets but the numbers in and out will be much the same (all other things being equal).

UK will continue making large, regular payments to EU - but called investment programmes, and not quite as large a sum as now.

Trade will be much the same as now but not quite as easy.

Both UK and EU economies will grow a little less than they might have done without Brexit and will have spent billions to get there.

Brexit is the price that the EU pays for running away with it's 'project' and the price that the UK pays for allowing 40 racist Tory MPs to set the tone for a nation.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

What about he 17 million that voted for Brexit? No such thing as partial democracy in this millenium. Majority wish has to be carried out - no respect for voters will mean many won't turn out or bother again. Then the extremists dominate. I don't expect all those who voted for UKIP once have gone away. Now we have the scottish fish woman at it again. So called politicians that won't respect the result of votes and want it run again and again until they get their way over the majority. That is certainly not democracy. The govt still have a majority with the DUP on side so they need to get a backbone. The Euro fanatics are actually a small number on all sides of the house and mostly their constituents voted for Brexit. Certainly I see a voter backlash against some of them. Too many wobbly members in the middle that in the end know they have to respect the referendum result.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I quote "What about he 17 million that voted for Brexit?" there you are, that is partial democracy. And freedom of opinion for those people doesn't exist, they are spammed and bullshitted and lied to beyond any normal opinion making. And most of us are swayed one way or another by it. You want to see democracy in action then look at the US Presidential election, the person with the most money and lies wins - always - so they plan for it.

So you are saying the over 16.75 million who voted against, and the probably equal amount who didn't or couldn't vote counts for nothing. So in an election only the first vote counts - nonsense. That is why the Gov only has four years before the next one, as things change, and if they feck it up they have to go back to the country again before that. This is the same, it has been fecked up! was that last vote right, everything is needing looked at again. Things have changed with Brexit, we are far more aware of the consequences, the lies and bullshit have largely been shown up. Though I am sure we will be beset with a new load of it at the new Brexit poll - which IMO has to happen and will be forced on the cabinet by Parliament if it doesn't give it.

I even think there should be a third vote in the future as the Brexiteers are bound to lose this one, BUT get Ireland out of the way, if poss get them to join us, get the country prepared for it in the background and there can be a third vote, this time in the circumstances and situation that is not the lunacy as we have now. For me only a vote that carries a 2/3rd majority has any real credibility.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'm beyond caring, (which was probably the govt's aim), it's embarrassing.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Has it occurred to you that just as many people may have been misled (frightened) into voting stay by the bullshit Cameron and Osborne were spouting as much as some might have been swayed by the Boris bus slogan. Actually I'm convinced most people had already made their mind up before the campaign and it made little overall difference. However many votes you have it will still be near to 50/50. The worst possible situation is you disaffect the half of the population who won the first vote. It's what the EU want with referendums - to make countries vote over and over and wear people down until the vote goes their way. I don't want to be ruled by the Brussels knob heads who just convince me out was the right decision more and more every time they speak.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

It boils my piss when people tell me I voted out simply because of the Boris Bus!
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Well precisely what did you vote for. The fact is nobody knows what not belonging looks like.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In bullshit the outs won that battle, but it was as close as the election. I made no distinction I am showing how what we call democracy is flawed. By your argument the vote in 1972 or ? was won by the ins so we should never have had this vote. Well this vote was valid due to the circumstances changing, and yet again there has been changes. NI wasn't in the argument on either side, yet now it is the deal breaker. That is how things change.

The ONLY way to stop that stupid war starting again is stay where we are until we sort that out finally one way or the other. The tech answer may work but it will take years to perfect and probably cost more than the whole Brexit process. When we have that in reality as an option we can go ahead - so either pull out now and have another election or get agreement from the EU to stay in *until* we find a solution.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The weird Scottish fish has followed her usual path, getting out the wooden spoon to do some more stirring in Brussels. PLEASE can we have a new referendum for Scotland as well (same reasoning as the Brexit one - circumstances change), before I wanted them in the Union, now I prefer them out, lets make a fresh start. Also we can then give them NI as it is their people stopping a united Ireland (the best solution), let them sort it out.