Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Classicrock »

We can't have a another vote because if there is not a large majority one way or another it won't be accepted. You can't undo the first result and politicians will have been seen to have manipulated remain if it is reversed. Also Scotland has to be taken into account as allowing another vote would mean another Scottish Independence vote would have to be allowed. Also consider the time involved, thought by some to be a year, and you have continuing uncertainty for business. Likely the bickering and loss in confidence will cause a recession which just leaving is less likely to do. My answer is to lock parliamentary business until march 29th so we are automatically out. It may be sort of what is happening anyway with delayed votes. As long as a vote to stop no deal is blocked we will be out.

The EU plans for no deal indicate there is not going to be a sudden impediment to trade on that date which gives time to negotiate a proper trade deal. Is that any or much different than the May deal except we save billions and are not a legal prisoner ? This should be followed by parliamentary reform including proportional representation and formation of new parties that represent various views of the public rather than minority political views. It is clear from yesterdays prime ministers questions that there is nobody now fit to lead the country in the present Parliament ( at least more so than the present PM). They are all really that bad.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Classicrock wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:53 pm We can't have a another vote because if there is not a large majority one way or another it won't be accepted. You can't undo the first result and politicians will have been seen to have manipulated remain if it is reversed. Also Scotland has to be taken into account as allowing another vote would mean another Scottish Independence vote would have to be allowed. Also consider the time involved, thought by some to be a year, and you have continuing uncertainty for business. Likely the bickering and loss in confidence will cause a recession which just leaving is less likely to do. My answer is to lock parliamentary business until march 29th so we are automatically out. It may be sort of what is happening anyway with delayed votes. As long as a vote to stop no deal is blocked we will be out.

The EU plans for no deal indicate there is not going to be a sudden impediment to trade on that date which gives time to negotiate a proper trade deal. Is that any or much different than the May deal except we save billions and are not a legal prisoner ? This should be followed by parliamentary reform including proportional representation and formation of new parties that represent various views of the public rather than minority political views. It is clear from yesterdays prime ministers questions that there is nobody now fit to lead the country in the present Parliament ( at least more so than the present PM). They are all really that bad.
And all that is better than just staying in as we are now?

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

The answer to incompetent UK politicians is not to give sovereignty to a european dictatorship.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

When and if Brexit happens, I look forward to people not blaming the EU for everything...and merely blaming the 'wrong kind of Brexit' for everything.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Bongobongo
Been thanked: 0
Canada

Unread post by Bongobongo »

See this “european dictatorship”..?
It’s that kind of emotive language which gets nowhere, but streans constantly from the press and social media.
The uk elects people to brussels.
The uk government has a say in euro regulations.
The term “dictatorship” is fallacious in this context.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Emotive words come out of frustration.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Yes I'm frustrated.

Speaking for the many hundreds of thousands of British citizens who live and work in the EU. The only dictatorship we are seeing is the pig-headedness of HM govt in continuing with this stupidity.

Stop this nonsense now and let us get on with our lives.

EU residents have received NO information about their post-Brexit status because the UK doesn't know what it is doing and the other EU countries still cannot believe that they are dumb enough to go through with it.

One single letter to the EU is all it takes.

Bloody Brexit

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Everything will stay the same, those here will stay here, those there will stay there, there is nothing else they can do, it is a mutual fait accompli, apart from use it for more bullshit, threats and lies. A year into this process, which ever way it goes we will be laughing about it, nothing will change apart from maybe a principle, as Rocky says it is who are you. I am English, then British, then European, then human, I will remain that no matter what happens everything else is froth (political marketing bullshit) the concept of a European state is as ludicrous as £120 fuses £5k mains leads, and grounding boxes. It will never happen unless the rest of Europe becomes a servant to Germany, as the rest of Europe CANNOT be Germany as we are are all far too different, but we can be friends and enjoy each other. We will within one year if we crash out (stoooooooooooopid phrase) we will be part of the or what was the rules of the EEC, and that is what scares Brussels so much that they are doing this, especially the Irish still playing out their civil war they cannot get over. Playing with us with our conflicts like a more skilled Marco to make sure their little ego projects survive. So many agendas it is frightening, get it done get it out of the way.

There is no reality apart from the games being played by everyone not just UK Gov but Brussels and some of the countries like Ireland who are all trying to use a difficult situation to their advantage. Be that the MASSIVE egos Junckers, Corbyn, or May or all the others puddling around in this cesspit.

Take the piss out of all of them, it is all they deserve.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Fretless wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:42 pm Yes I'm frustrated.

Speaking for the many hundreds of thousands of British citizens who live and work in the EU. The only dictatorship we are seeing is the pig-headedness of HM govt in continuing with this stupidity.

Stop this nonsense now and let us get on with our lives.

EU residents have received NO information about their post-Brexit status because the UK doesn't know what it is doing and the other EU countries still cannot believe that they are dumb enough to go through with it.

One single letter to the EU is all it takes.

Bloody Brexit
The tabloids are a major part of the problem. Last week while waiting for a hair cut i had a look at the Sun and could not believe what I was reading. Whilst acknowledging that a no deal Brexit would be a catastrophe they were critical of the government for got preparing the army. :angry-screaming: That eeediot Rees Mogg also wrote an article. :hbs:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

keepitsimplestupid
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

I was having a conversation with a gent today who bemoaned the lack of democracy in the EU and the number of unelected law makers. Strangely he'd never took the time to investigate to see that all the MEP's are selected by us and the advisors by our siting government. Nor was he aware that the ratio of MEP's to civil servants in 10x lower than it is for MP's in the UK. So they're hardly awash with the unelected.

That said I favour rules from home that allow each country to best do its own unique thing, and we can all get together on regulations, safety, standards, people and other things as needs be to smooth the flow of consistent goods best practice. It's not rocket science is it.

Brexit is just a sham to steer you away from being fucked over by austerity and the fact that they're dismantling the NHS. It's not brexit we should worry about it's international trade deals that allow corporations extended legal rights to our taxes via the back door.