Richard Dunn

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Re: Richard Dunn

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

I read this today after my holidays and feel really sorry for it. My condolences to Nadia Dunn. Richard has improved my hifi a lot.

eagwok33
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by eagwok33 »

Read this today! Very sad news indeed!
I had some phone calls with Richard since I have joined the forum and he always was very kind, polite and knowledgeable in many areas, not only audio. A real pleasure to talk with. I would have loved to meet him in person one day...
His quality products - especially his outstanding speaker cables - enhanced my musical joy from hifi a lot.

My condolences to his wife Nadia and his family.
Norbert

Tubes and Vinyl rule, Music rocks! :icon-wink:

Bencat57
Great Britain

Unread post by Bencat57 »

I heard this on the Wam and added my condolences to the family there . Out of the respect I had for Richard even though I did frustrate him recently he was always fair and magnanamous . He will be missed and sincere condolences to his famlily anf friends.

selby

Unread post by selby »

I saw this last week but just decided I'd like to say something.

I met Richard through this forum and enjoyed seeing his rants and the way he picked apart the bullsh*t in the industry. I helped him update his website and eBay listings. There was so much more that could have been done to improve NVA as a brand, but that just wasn't Richard. In his own words, he hated marketing and marketeers, which is probably why we kind of fell out and I didn't return to the forum.

I only met Richard on one occassion when I went to pick up some Cubes (to photograph) and he gave me a tour of NVA towers and Nadia made me some lovely soup. Really sorry to hear the news as he'd told me he'd beaten cancer in the past so it sounded like he was one of the lucky ones who would live a long old life.

So all I can say is massive regards to Nadia and any other family, close friends.

For those that I worked with on the website etc, if and when a decision is made on the business I'll help where I can.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

schwantz34

ciao Richard

Unread post by schwantz34 »

has been a long time since i havent written on this forum, and sadly i just got the bad news.
I' m really sorry for Richard's depart, i will miss him.
He was a black sheep, a lone voice from the hifi establishment, a "grumpy old man" as he said of himself, but always honest and willing to help.
Im very sad, he was a great designer of incredible music machine at affordable price.
I just have to thank you Richard, you were a great player in the hifi scene.
Goodbye Richard, and thanks for all.
s

"Nothing lasts forever. Forever is a lie. All we have is what’s in between hello and goodbye"

wallace47
Great Britain

Unread post by wallace47 »

I have just stumbled on this sobering news..Very sorry to hear it.I have to thank Richard for saving me from a long and expensive journey along the Naim road,plus mods he taught for my speakers..Condolences to Nadia and the family,i will down a dram in his honour tonight...RIP Richard....
Revox B795 Phono1 AP70 LS5 Royd Minstrels ,AP10 Royd Conistons Grado RS1 E-Dac..

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Nice to hear from you.

Daniel Quinn

Err not the correct Wallace..

Which may be sad

wallace47
Great Britain

Unread post by wallace47 »

Er,i am the correct Wallace as far as i can tell from here,Dan..I lost all my password settings and some other stuff when my pc decided to convert itself to bloody windows ten one dark night..what with changing my email and forgetting my password,i was locked out and the forum wouldnot let me back in as Wallace,hence wallace 47...so any way how you doing,still annoying as many folk as possible i trust..Seems such a long time since you nearly cut your thumb off.My Mrs had something similar to you a couple of years ago now,i got her to the hospital in time to save her mobility,but there is a burnt out circuit in her head so memory is not to good when she has to think about it....still,as they say,could be worse..Good luck with the TT...
Revox B795 Phono1 AP70 LS5 Royd Minstrels ,AP10 Royd Conistons Grado RS1 E-Dac..

Daniel Quinn

Wallace it's you. I thought.. Well you know.

Hope you are well. The mri done after my stroke showed a shit load of damage, so I'm thank full only my arm and walking currently bother me.

Good to hear from you.