Richard Dunn

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
vrazjigwb
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Richard Dunn

Unread post by vrazjigwb »

Really sad to hear this news. Condolences to Nadia, family and friends.
RIP Richard.

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

I have very sadly just read the news of Richard's passing. Whilst I have not had the time for serious hi-fi in the last 5/6 years I have been a NVA 'fanboy' for many years. My first AP20 got me off the Naim gravy train in the early 90's and for that I am eternally grateful to Richard and NVA for his wonderfully musical products. I only met Richard a handful of times but as has been said many times in this thread his offline persona was the complete opposite of his online 'Honeydew'. His knowledge of hifi and life in general was both bewilderingly intelligent and frighteningly honest. He could be belligerent and bloody minded of course but that was his character and you could take it or leave it. He did not suffer fools or hype but respected genuinely held opinions and differing points of view.
I hope that time will recognise his contributions to British hi-fi particularly his development of passive amplification, use of acrylic and probably most uniquely the design of Cube speakers. They are lasting attributes of his life long work and passion for hi-fi and I sincerely hope NVA products will continue to allow enthusiasts to 'hear music more clearly'.

Sincere sympathies to his wife family and friends.

Mervyn

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Bye Doc and thanks.
It can be done so imagine it.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

The man.

It can be done so imagine it.

phil66
Austria

Unread post by phil66 »

Very, very sad news…

We lost one of the very best audio designers - one who really knew what he did…

Thank you Richard for all those brilliant amps…

I hope NVA will keep alive in Richard´s sense...

Condolences to Nadia and family

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Shocked and stunned to hear of Richard's passing my condolences and sympathy to Nadia and his family.
Richard had helped me a lot with allison 6 mods etc and was always willing to share his knowledge and give support where it was needed.

His loss is a great loss to the world of music reproduction and a hobby so much loved by many music lovers everywhere.

RIP Richard Dunn.
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

Gazjam

Unread post by Gazjam »

Not been on the forum for a long time chaps, but logged back in to pay my respects to Richard.

Knew he wasn't well, but thought he was getting better.
I felt towards the end he was trying to build bridges a bit, which is never a bad thing.
Whilst its ok for people to disagree, and Richard and I did on some things, he was always OK with me.
We chatted for a while about mains treatment and he helped me directly by sending out a length of wire for me to try in my setup, which was awfully decent of him.

Real life unfortunately has a way of making us realise sometimes that we are all more alike than disalike.
Hifi and music's supposed to be an enjoyment we share, and deep down I can't help believe Richard thought that too.
Too many forces in the world trying to divide people nowadays, here's to the music. :guiness;

RIP Sir and condolences to his family.
I have HIfi n' stuff.

Keithh
Wales

Unread post by Keithh »

Very sorry to here of Richards passing, a great loss.

Like some others here my fist experience was an 80s AP20 which I still have and use. In the last few years finding real joy in the newer NVA kit and visiting Richard in Epping and Sidcup for upgrades and assistance which all moved me on my journey.

Thanks Nadia for the tea with my condolences.
Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable. - Samuel Johnson
In == Vortexbox + Raspberry Pi + BOSS DAC/ Goldring 1042 + SL-1210MK2 + Phono 1
Shaking it all about == P50SA + SP + A80s
Out == LS6 biwire + B&W 602 S3
Bubbling under == BMU

Brian Griffin

Unread post by Brian Griffin »

I haven't logged in for a while, so missed this sad news. I didn't know him, but I enjoyed his posts and his attitude. Condolences to family and friends.

MarkWoody

Unread post by MarkWoody »

Very sad and shocked to hear the news whilst travelling in France.
I only met Richard twice, in the 90s - and it was a pleasure on both occasions. The first when he changed my AP30 from MM to MC while I waited - without moaning about my ignorance, or the fact that I used an LP12! The second when he upgraded it to an AP50 after minor damage in a burglary.
Condolences to Nadia and family.
RIP Richard