Saving the Planet?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Saving the Planet?

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Ordinaryman wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm Who voted Tory? If someone did why would this be more hypocritical than voting for any other party? Or is this assumption that anyone who may be concerned about this place we inhabit has to vote Tory? In my book we are all parasite, unless we change. What "we" do this is not a question of politics but maybe politics influencer of what we do and are allowed to :grin: '
I gave you the answer, but I will spell it out for you.

Right wing parties deny the importance of climate change. An individual can not take climate change seriously and vote for right wing parties.

It's no good you changing, we all must change (if you believe in environmental danger) they only way to do that it is politically.

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

Tories right wing? yeah right
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Economically they are and they are climate change sceptics

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

Capitalism in its rush for increasing profits will always collide with a sustained environment friendly handling with our resources.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47692895
The video in this link is a reminder of how stunningly beautiful our planet is.

According to the report, this iceberg, which isn't even the size of Wales :roll: , wasn't caused by climate change. However, that doesn't mean to say that climate change has had no effect on the polar ice caps...

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

I will give the answer again, we are parasites living and breathing, we seem to be unconcerned with what comes next. Politics just reflect that, they go with the flow. Whilst I believe we are doing more damage to our climate than has been recorded so far. (Bear in mind we where not around to comment in the last ice age). politicians give us the answers we "want" what else could anyone want? If anyone here could claim to be free of a "capitalists society" Speak now or for ever hold your peace. :epopc: