Binge watching TV

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Binge watching TV

Unread post by CN211276 »

Not one for binge watching, but currently following Succession on the instigation of my step daughter who has been staying with us this month. Think it is ok but the first series was better than the second.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

karatestu wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am
slinger wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:02 pm I watched the first episode of "Wheel of Time," last night, and it's pretty epic. They've chucked a lot of money at this and you can see that immediately. It's supposed to be Amazon's answer to Game of Thrones, but expect visual comparisons with Lord Of The Rings, although the bulk of the series was shot in Prague, in the Czech Republic, not New Zealand. Filming also took place in Slovenia and Dubrovnik, Croatia so the interweb tells me. Don't be put off by the apparent "slow" start to the story in e1, it really hots up towards the last third of the episode.

There are currently 3 episodes available, with the next 5 dropping weekly, from November 26th, until December 24th. I'm guessing the idea is #1 - to get viewers hooked immediately, and #2 - to draw all of the disparate threads together quickly for those of - How shall I put this? - of a "limited" attention span.

Best of all, it's free to Amazon Prime subscribers.

Series 2 is already confirmed.
Right, I've given this programme a good chance now (five episodes) and I won't be carrying on with it. It's just too fantastical for my liking and I never would have thought I could say that being Tolkien's biggest fan.
I'm still hooked. :ugeek: :lol:
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
karatestu (Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:33 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

CN211276 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:44 am Not one for binge watching, but currently following Succession on the instigation of my step daughter who has been staying with us this month. Think it is ok but the first series was better than the second.
And the second series was better than the third, which I gave up on after 2 episodes. The same old same old, I got bored.

I believe there's a new series of Gomorrah starting so that's on my must watch list.
These users thanked the author BillyBones for the post:
karatestu (Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:25 am)

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

slinger wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:14 pm
karatestu wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am
slinger wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:02 pm I watched the first episode of "Wheel of Time," last night, and it's pretty epic. They've chucked a lot of money at this and you can see that immediately. It's supposed to be Amazon's answer to Game of Thrones, but expect visual comparisons with Lord Of The Rings, although the bulk of the series was shot in Prague, in the Czech Republic, not New Zealand. Filming also took place in Slovenia and Dubrovnik, Croatia so the interweb tells me. Don't be put off by the apparent "slow" start to the story in e1, it really hots up towards the last third of the episode.

There are currently 3 episodes available, with the next 5 dropping weekly, from November 26th, until December 24th. I'm guessing the idea is #1 - to get viewers hooked immediately, and #2 - to draw all of the disparate threads together quickly for those of - How shall I put this? - of a "limited" attention span.

Best of all, it's free to Amazon Prime subscribers.

Series 2 is already confirmed.
Right, I've given this programme a good chance now (five episodes) and I won't be carrying on with it. It's just too fantastical for my liking and I never would have thought I could say that being Tolkien's biggest fan.
I'm still hooked. :ugeek: :lol:
I so wanted to like this but alas I can't cope with white mist coming out of women's hands.
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

BillyBones wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:41 pm
CN211276 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:44 am Not one for binge watching, but currently following Succession on the instigation of my step daughter who has been staying with us this month. Think it is ok but the first series was better than the second.
And the second series was better than the third, which I gave up on after 2 episodes. The same old same old, I got bored.

Have given it up before the third series. A case of the goose being over cooked. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Wonfor14 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:01 pm Back to 24hrs again.
Merry Christmas Colin, have a good one and keep up the good work. You are of course as mad as a box of frogs.

How many times have you watched 24 ? I love it but haven't watched if 24 times yet :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Unread post by Wonfor14 »

Me MAD, no no just crazy a lot.

Merry Merry Christmas to you all stay safe play music loud and dance a lot, I tried but last time I fell and broke my arm, no not a drop of booze, but dancing with a walking stick that persist in wanting to lead is unsafe as hell :lol:
Never do the samba again, bugger.
These users thanked the author Wonfor14 for the post:
slinger (Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:04 pm)

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Unread post by Wonfor14 »

Well we watched 4 time the latest rubbish James (crap) Bond film because my nephew sulks if does not get his own way. Bloody rubbish film. Bring back a good actor next time please.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I've started watching Farscape again, usually an episode per day over lunch. I'd forgotten how much I *hated* Rigel, and how much I loved Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black). She was gorgeous as Vala Mal Doran, in Stargate, too.

"The Stranger," on Nutfux, is well worth a look. I'm 3 episodes in and it keeps getting better, and I've watched the opening episode of "The Lost Symbol" which is a prequel to the Robert Langdon stories from Dan Brown (Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, etc.). Glossy, action-packed, I shall watch episode 2...
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Bencat57
Great Britain

Unread post by Bencat57 »

As my wife is covid positive I have had to stay in so things have had to be watched to keep me a little amused . Waited till now so I could watch the full series of the The Foundation . My elder brother is a huge fan of the books and has been disappointed with the series. I read the books so long ago that I had forgotten most of it so just accepted the series as what it is and enjoyed it as a pretty fun Sci Fi series. Just bought and read the trilogy in hard back and can fully see why the series has to be different as the time scales in the books pass so quickly no chance to identify with any one character.

Also watched the latest Matrix film was honestly not expecting much at all but it was okay nothing like as startling as the first but still an intelligent addition .