Home Schooling

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
karatestu
Great Britain

Home Schooling

Unread post by karatestu »

:angry-steamingears:

It's not easy. I have two kids at Primary. My daughter of 7 years is good as she enjoys it, gets on with it but still asks lots of questions and drains lots of your time.

My son is autistic and is a total nightmare. Constantly needing attention, getting cross, crying and even doing maths questions wrong on purpose that I know he is well capable of doing.

At this rate they are going to send Daddy to an asylum. No joking. My wife is a key worker who can work from home. The last three days she has got very little done and is about to explode. Between us we will be alcoholics before the end of next week.
DIY FREE ZONE

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Home Schooling

Unread post by savvypaul »

Sounds impossible.

Children of key workers can go to school.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
karatestu (Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:16 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

Ive got my 3 at home, its nigh on impossible to get anything done on the build i have ongoing at the moment
Im literally having to tell them to piss off and work things out for themselves.
When i come back to them 20 minutes later, having done a little bit more, they have indeed worked 'it' out for themselves, and are proceeding through the work. Which annoys me, because it shows they were quite capable, but couldnt be arsed and wanted to be told what to do. But then they are teenagers so what do i expect.
I did get waylaid by son no 1 and some of his work in his engineering/ manufacturing class, working out parallel resistor values which he hadnt done before, and some lathe and milling machine procedures work.
They can sod off with 'the inspector calls' work for english though...... wonder if hunt for red october will ever be on the english curriculum
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

savvypaul wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:47 pm Sounds impossible.

Children of key workers can go to school.
If you have anything else that you should be doing then forget it. I have the upmost respect for anybody who can work from home and do a good job of being teacher and get any work done at all. We have only got two and I hate to think what it is like with bigger families.

My son has been warned that if he doesn't get his act together then they will both be sent to school. It was ok for me this morning because I was able to give them my full attention apart from making food and washing up etc. I can't be there everyday unfortunately otherwise I would do it. I will of course do what I can but at this rate they will be going to school, much to my son's disgust. He cries going in to school most days since they went back in September.

Kids will always try it on with parents - they wouldn't dream of acting this way in school. My son is in year 6 (last year of primary) and I still need to tell him over and over to read the question properly, line up the column's in his sum's properly and not to get upset. He see's a question that looks really hard, complains in a whiny voice he can't do it, gets angry then the tears start.

God help us.
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post (total 2):
Ordinaryman (Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:08 pm) • slinger (Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

Deep breath and keep going. good luck :)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

We have four children. Only the small one is a pain in the arse. Thankfully is mother deals with him and this time round primary school resources for home learning are much better and video based.

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I feet for all of you. On a lighter note I am going to home school myself and try to learn basic Spanish, wish me well as I am not the best or close to the best pupil
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Buena suerte mi amigo
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/