Covid "jab" and Nhs.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Covid "jab" and Nhs.

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:15 pm What are you going on about ?

The fact I had a brain bleed that would have killed most people ( hemorghic brain bleed kills 8 out of 10 people) and indeed did kill a celebrity same age ,same location of bleed and same time. Means I am regrettably in the at risk category. I will therefore having my vacination.
I'm glad that you're one of the 2 out of 10. Although, realistically speaking, I'd guess that I'm probably not as pleased about it as you are...

Would you be willing to share your prognosis going forward (possibly on a different thread)? Or would you rather keep that confidential? (which I'd fully understand if you did).
Either way, I'm rooting for you to have the best possible outcome, given the set of circumstances that you have.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

A Hemoraghic bleed presents a small risk of repetition once the site of the bleed as healed and doesn't present a risk. So three years on there is minimal risk of the original bleed starting again.

There is the possibility I have damaged other blood vessels and they are weak. However,

my blood pressure is kept in check by tablets and is now never high.

Given my age (young for a brain bleed) neuroplasticity ( your brain developing new neural pathways to perform the tasks which died) is ongoing and majority of task have developed new pathways ,though my arm remains stubbornly imobile.

So it shouldn't impact on my life expectancy , though I'm far more relaxed about this now .
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post (total 2):
Lindsayt (Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:41 pm) • savvypaul (Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:43 pm)

Daniel Quinn

If you have a ischemic stroke ,it is usually less damaging and easier to get over. However the bad news is you have a high risk of repetition. This is because blockages and narrowing of blood vessels is a permenant problem and often leads to vascular dementia.
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Lindsayt (Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:41 pm)

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 »

Bencat57 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:54 pm I have my appointment now for my first jab next Thursday which I am pleased about and then the second on 02/06 . One thing that sticks in my gullet a bit though is the centre is based at Broadgreen Hospital in Liverpool and the only parking on site (even for Disabled Badge holders like me) is charged at £3.00 for an up to an hour . A tax on being ill is in my view disgusting and I will vote for any party that will remove this nasty blot . Sorry this just winds me up so much I am going to find a place to park and then walk to the centre just so I do not put money in the greedy parking companies coffers. Vaccination service and NHS top class paid for parking a disgrace.
My wife has been in Bradford Royal Infirmary the past couple of weeks. The hospital car parking charges have been cancelled during the covid epedemic, my understanding is that it's a nationwide thing, but I am not 100% on that. Oh! but finding a space is nigh on impossible.
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Longdog Audio Quartz Garrard PSU.
Longdog Audio Phono stage (MCj1)
Digital
NVA BMU.
Innuos Zen / Caiman Seg and Dorado
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Bel Canto Set 40, or LDA 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Neuroplasticity is an incredible thing. My sister-in-law, in Ireland, had a serious car accident many years ago that left her with a traumatic brain injury. She basically destroyed a huge part of her brain. She was, rushed to the hospital where she was left on a trolley, and it was a case of "if she caries on breathing for herself overnight we'll try to put her together again."

She still has problems with numeracy, and it left her prone to grand mal seizures although they're pretty well managed these days, but other than that she's still the same scatty sod she always was and now she's happily married (to a solicitor) and they have two kids. She also works part-time for Headway in Ireland and even runs workshops for them. She's only got around half of her brain that actually functions properly, and it's doing almost all of the work of both halves thanks to neuroplasticity.
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
Lindsayt (Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Daniel Quinn

The problem is , it's a pain in the arse. You have to repeat tasks over and over and over again. Before your brain begins to forge new pathways. It takes a long time.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 pm The problem is , it's a pain in the arse. You have to repeat tasks over and over and over again. Before your brain begins to forge new pathways. It takes a long time.
True, but it's still preferable to the alternative I'd assume.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I've just booked my jab for 13:00 on Saturday.

Daniel Quinn

On the whole yes. But the fact you never know is bloody frustrating .

But if I think back to the the first year ,when I was in a hospital bed and none of my right side would move , was apathetic ,lacklustre and demotivated and was simply not bothered about anything ,not even the fact that nurses had to change my napi and wipe my bum. Now I thank fuck for neuroplasticity
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post (total 3):
slinger (Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:47 pm) • Lindsayt (Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 pm) • Andy-831 (Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 am)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Wiping your arse with your non-writing hand is one of the most "this feels weird" things that we can do as human beings.

Coming back on topic, had my Vauxhall Astra jab yesterday. Upper arm feels like it's been punched. Starting 8 hours after the injection I had the worst flu like symptoms that I've had for about 5 years. Starting to feel better now.

Still I'd rather feel grotty for 27 hours than have a 1% chance of death.