Covid "jab" and Nhs.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Covid "jab" and Nhs.

Unread post by montechristo358 »

historically the flu jab knocked me off my feet for a week every year, even thought they keep saying its not possible. It certainly was

so I'm not surprised
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Bencat57
Great Britain

Unread post by Bencat57 »

Paul do not worry the effects are not that bad and in all the cases I have spoken to they are gone within 24 hours but the protection and efficacy of the vaccine last much longer .

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Had mine in Feb (AZ). I was fine after the vaccine but felt flue like symptoms and extremely tired following day. Took some paracetamol and lay on the bed for an afternoon. Felt fine by the day after. It's in line with side affects described in the leaflet they give you. Looks like this is very common then (don't tell the French!).
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Bencat57 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:18 pm Paul do not worry the effects are not that bad and in all the cases I have spoken to they are gone within 24 hours but the protection and efficacy of the vaccine last much longer .
Not that bad?

Depends on the type of reaction you have to it. And if you do have a strong reaction it depends what spin you want to put on it.

The 27 hour long, worst flu type feelings I've had for 5 years were certainly not that bad when compared against a 1% chance of death.
But they were bad enough to stop me working and to make it unsafe for me to drive.

It's funny, because 48 hours after my jab I felt really good, if very slightly light headed - possibly from all the sleep I'd had the day before.
That is, apart from the upper left arm, which still feels mildly like someone punched it, 4 days after the needle went in.

According to this BBC guy, some people have "hotter" immune systems than others and if you've had Covid you're likely to get a stronger reaction. And the younger you are, the stronger the side effects - on average.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Well, that's it. I've had my arm stuffed full of vaccine. I even remembered to tell the doc I was left-handed, so he gave me the jab in my right arm. I thought this was a wise move as he'd just finished telling me that he couldn't move his arm for two days after having the "homebrew" as he called the Oxford AstraZeneca version he was giving me. The cab driver on the way home told me how he was in bed for two days after his and then went on to inform me that his neighbour in Bangladesh died 2 days after being vaccinated. It's OK though, as apparently, it was a heart attack.

Worried? Me? Nah.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

If covid doesn't get you, 'helpful' cab drivers will. It must be a universal constant.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I said can you put it in my right arm,please . It don't move and it currently as no pain sensation.

Why won't it move

What you couldn't tell when I walked in my right side didn't work because I've had a brain bleed?

Perplexed nurse says she won't be e a minute. Comes back and announces ' no you'll have to have in your left side.'

She then proceeded to inject my left arm without explanation.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:00 pm ...She then proceeded to inject my left arm without explanation.
My late wife was in and out of the hospital from birth, having a congenital heart condition, and so got so used to discussing everything and anything medical with everyone from nurses to eminent heart surgeons like Lord Brock.

She used to bollock me something alarming if I didn't get chapter and verse about any procedures I had... which I never did.

My reasoning was that as long as the doctor had studied medicine for longer than I had, he or she was pretty much entitled to do things to me, within reason, and, as a bonus, probably knew what they were doing.

She could never understand how I could be so laid back about it. There again, I never had anything life-threatening wrong with me. I dare say I might have got more involved if there was a chance I might not be around to bollock the doctor later.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:00 pm I said can you put it in my right arm,please . It don't move and it currently as no pain sensation.

Why won't it move

What you couldn't tell when I walked in my right side didn't work because I've had a brain bleed?

Perplexed nurse says she won't be e a minute. Comes back and announces ' no you'll have to have in your left side.'

She then proceeded to inject my left arm without explanation.
My understanding is that it can be injected into any muscle mass. They do it in the upper arm as not too many nerve endings there. And being unable to move your arm is generally less of a hazard than being unable to walk from a leg injection. And it's less of a pain in the arse than a buttock injection.

The pain feedback is of some use in the event of extreme complications.
Safety over comfort. Or more a case of her thoughts being to protect her job over your comfort.

ArloFlynn
Ireland

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

Have done plenty of reading about vaccination over these past few weeks. They use the deltoid muscle on the shoulder, as it has a good blood supply and can distribute to the lymph node - armpit, where it encounters a good supply of white blood cells to do what they claim it will do to your immune system.
These users thanked the author ArloFlynn for the post (total 4):
CN211276 (Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:27 am) • SteveTheShadow (Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:32 am) • Andy-831 (Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:20 pm) • slinger (Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:15 pm)
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.