Covid "jab" and Nhs.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: Covid "jab" and Nhs.

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Sounds just like mine. Went to bed feeling like I'd been punched in the arm. Woke about 2.00 a.m. shaking like a leaf (and I'm not a small person). Took about 2 hours to be able to feel confident enough to get out of bed and get a couple of paracetamol. That seemed to do the trick but I felt a bit below par for the next couple of days. But rather that than the dread COVID.

Mind you, I reacted much the same way to the 'flu vaccination.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I've read that a 'reasonably obvious' reaction to the jab, as you guys have described, bodes well for level of immunity...
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
CN211276 (Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

TheMadMick wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 pm

Mind you, I reacted much the same way to the 'flu vaccination.
Because of Covid I had my first ever flu jab in the autumn and there was no reaction. Think I was par for the course after the Covid jab. Nothing severe, but a bit under the weather for two days.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Bencat57
Great Britain

Unread post by Bencat57 »

Had my jab it was the Astra Zeneca one and I parked outside the hospital and walked in . While the parking fees in some hospitals have been suspended not in Liverpool or at least Broadgreen still I would have had to pay a minimum of £3 for this visit.

No real pain in the arm but I did get the nasty flu symptoms about five hours later and they lasted till about mid day the next day . Nothing too serious very glad i ignored the usual male thing and did read the manual on the side effects so I was prepared and not too worried.

This is essential for all of to make all of us safe , the current idiocy of some EU countries stopping using this form of the vaccine is going to come and bit them . While the instances of what they are looking at are in tiny numbers the efficacy of the jab is just being confirmed as more and more are getting it. I suspect that the current outbreak of suspensions has more to do with the shortage of supplies and to divert attention from the EU failure to secure the number they need. It is easier and less pressure to say look we are protecting your health by suspending this till we have complete proof then it is to admit well it is fine but we do not have any to issue.

This may well come back to bite them in paticular in France as the population was already sceptical about any vaccination process and the take up rate was very low . After this it is only going to deter even more to reject and opt out of getting this vaccination which means the chances of getting full herd immunity are reduced .

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

Well I've just had mine, I'm really really impressed with the NHS & other volunteers who are making this amazing effort work.

As for reactions, I had a mild reaction to the flu jab, time will tell for this one.

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

had mine yesterday (AZ) woke up0 this morning feeling like i'd been run over by a bus
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

When I was reading about possible side effects of the Vauxhall Astra jab they said a 1 in 10 chance of aches.
This may be a hopelessly optimistic figure and it may be more like 5 in 10. With 4 in 10 not bothering to report them.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
savvypaul (Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I'm so looking forward to mine, now, lol.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

whilst I'm sure this isn't advisable i have some Tramadol left from when i had my knee op. one of those and i feel right as rain all aches gone
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:17 pm I'm so looking forward to mine, now, lol.
Apart from an ache in the arm, and a mild feeling of general crapness and a headache which lasted 2 - 3 hours really very little reaction, maybe slightly more than the flu jab. In terms of busses and being run over, I guess I got hit my a Dinky bus rather than a full on Routemaster..
These users thanked the author Grumpytim for the post:
Andy-831 (Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:17 pm)