Le Tour.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Grumpytim
Columbia

Re: Le Tour.

Unread post by Grumpytim »

As they say +1

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I'm cautiously optimistic. They've moved the finish line further from the final corner this year (by 300 metres+) and another factor is that it's a noticeable uphill all the way to the line which might not help the Manx Missile, and could play in to the hands of the slightly more puncher types (Van Aert or Alaphilippe perhaps?)
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

I’ve got fingers crossed 🤞
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

CycleCoach wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:47 pm I'm cautiously optimistic. They've moved the finish line further from the final corner this year (by 300 metres+) and another factor is that it's a noticeable uphill all the way to the line which might not help the Manx Missile, and could play in to the hands of the slightly more puncher types (Van Aert or Alaphilippe perhaps?)
The latest intelligence suggests the final 200m is downhill and this was a quote from C4 about 30 mins ago ~ up or down, if Cav is 3rd or 4th coming out of the final bend then we might get what we want 🤞
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
CycleCoach (Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:39 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

Just watched the intermediate sprint, and it looks perfect for Cav to slide off the wheel for a devastating last 200.
Cav looked super-strong there taking 4th behind the small breakaway. (Zero upper body movement which is always a good sign.) Matthews looks cooked as well so I'll be watching Van Aert in the finale.
BTW top seven finish guarantees the green jersey.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Not the usual Paris stage, as DQS burnt through riders I feared the worst, Cav is going to have to wait until next year. Onward and upwards
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
CycleCoach (Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:57 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

It's funny, at the start of the tour if you had said that Cav would equal the Cannibals record in 2021, we would of all said bag it I'll take it Yet here we are the stars aligned in Cav's favour and more importantly he made the best of it and somehow we're dissapointed. Beating his record would have been nice, but given the mutual respect that the pair appear to have, I think this is a more poetic outcome.

Unfortunately Bennett will probably be fit next year so I doubt he'll get a ride unless it's as a super lead out man/spare.

All in all still very happy for Cav getting the green jersey, at nearly twice the age of the Pogle who's snaffled the rest. I just hope the young un's career has a better trajectory than several other wunderkind, Ulrich would not be an example for him to follow.
These users thanked the author Grumpytim for the post (total 2):
NSNO2021 (Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 pm) • CycleCoach (Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:43 pm)