Southgate is a shit manager

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Southgate is a shit manager

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Given that it seems the country is been bewitched in to thinking that Southgate is going to win the world cup. I thought it about time that we had a few home truths
.As manager of Middlesbrough ,this is a man who sacked ray parlour for calling him by his nickname, big nose. Middleborough were subsequently relegated .

His was wiling away his life with the kiddies until Sam was true to his gruby roots .

Became England manager and got us kicked out of two competitions as soon as we played anybody good. Just because we didn't play anybody good in the euros until the final deosnt negate this fact.
Lost a game we had a 1-0 advantage in by playing the most boring football and invited them to come and score .

His instinct is to play boring football because he was manager of Middlesbrough. He deosnt know what to do with grealish,Sancho and foden.

Sack him before you discover he's naked

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Southgate is a shit manager

Unread post by savvypaul »

Shit or bewitching?

Possibly, somewhere in-between.

Boro relegated due to the absence of the Romford Pele? That did give me a chuckle.

Who would you prefer?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Daniel Quinn

He can have the job, he must run his course ,just let's get rid of the hyperbole .
We played ok till we came to a good team .

And I'm offended on behalf of Romford Pele.

savvypaul
Great Britain

I believe that, due to rumours about his lifestyle, he became known on Teesside as the Romford Parmo...
I am in the hi-fi trade

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

No one better than Southgate would take the England job. He must be the luckiest England manager, avoiding the big guns in Euro 20 and the last World Cup with home advantage in the former.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Indeed, who is better and is available and would take the job?

He may be shit, but he's not as terrible as Steve McClaren, with whom England didn't even get to the tournament.

And at least we didn't lose to Iceland this time.

You could also argue that Italy didn't beat any good teams in the entire tournament. Because Belgium had their main stars injured or semi injured and they beat Spain and England on Pens.
But Italy won't be complaining. They're taking the trophy home.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Steve Mclaren was the Boro manager that signed the Romford Pele, though...
I am in the hi-fi trade

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

The England managers job is mission impossible and the recent hype in part has come about due to Southgates very astute management of the media. McClaren, Hoddle and the copious one were hammered by the media for different reasons but once the media turn against you it's just a question of when, not if you go.
Southgate is a strange one to me, he is bold with his choice of younger unproven players yet he is remains very cautious in his style of play and his game management constantly leans towards negative ball retention. I think last night was a good example of the best manager rather than the best team winning the trophy
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Daniel Quinn

savvypaul wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:55 pm I believe that, due to rumours about his lifestyle, he became known on Teesside as the Romford Parmo...
When footballers were men you'd go for a beer with, instead of automatons of physical perfection .

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Say what you like about Fat Sam, he's got the best record of any England manager, ever. :lol:

I'm an England supporter, through and through. Not just the England men's football team either, I support out Lionesses, not to mention the men's and women's hockey teams, rugby teams, and just about any team that pulls on an England jersey, or socks in the case of the British Lions.

Just for the record, I had to clarify, regularly, that I support the England team and NOT the knuckle-dragging, no-neck, racist, mouth-breathing, thuggish minority who think jeering their own team equates to support in some weird and convoluted way, many times on Twitter, simply because apparently I shouldn't be supporting a football team because of a vocal minority among its fans. And that was from other Liverpool supporters. :roll:

However...

We were pretty much bang average all tournament, and thankfully so were many of the other teams. I don't think anyone played up to their potential. Germany was our toughest game, and we lucked out because they missed chances and were pretty poor themselves to be honest.

We got found out in the final, and we should probably have lost the game before it even went to pens, although with decent game management, the reverse might have been true. Grealish, for instance, was introduced far too late.

I've been a Liverpool supporter for over 55 years, so this is going to come over sounding biased no matter how I say it, but Harry Cane Kane is not captaincy material. He has no presence on the pitch. He doesn't kick arses and gee-up those who need it. He doesn't shout instructions, because, I fear, he has none. I would have long since relieved him of the captaincy and left him to get on with the one thing (apart from diving in the box) he's good at; scoring goals.

Jordan Henderson would be my captain of choice, because I've seen, on a regular basis, how he captains Liverpool. He is inspirational, and he can be a monster. He bosses people who need bossing, and he has the respect of everyone who knows him it seems. I truly believe Hendo could have got an extra 10% out of that team (yes, I know expressing it as a number is fairly meaningless, but I hope it conveys my thoughts) which might have been enough in the midst of a poor tournament.

Southgate had his plans, and as soon as the players were on the pitch they had nobody to remind them of those plans, to rally the troops, to get the team playing in the boss's preferred shape. If you're "on your own" for 45 minutes it's very easy to wander "off message."

Similarly, had Hendo been captain from the start he'd have been telling Southgate who was taking the penalties, or at least have had some sort of input that equated to more than "I'm number one then boss? OK. I'll stand over here then, shall I?"

Harry and Gareth might both be smashing blokes, but Southgate needs someone to balance and even challenge his style, not blindly accept it while not taking enough responsibility himself.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one, and you'll have to excuse me for showing my lily-white... err... opinion.
:angry-soapbox:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X