Can the world act fast?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Can the world act fast?

Unread post by karatestu »

Borrowed from Slinger's favourite forum

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
DIY FREE ZONE

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Copperblue wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:19 am The last 3 posts sum up exactly why we are in the situation we are in. AD HOMINEM REMOVED

I guess it’s going to take a generational change but it will probably be too late by then.
Ring of fire 🔥….. Johnny Cash
It’s too late …….Bob Mould
Big yellow taxi……..Joni Mitchell
Burn baby burn………….

We need a green revolution !
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I want to know who wrote burn baby burn ?

Mr Blue, I imagine your post was inspired by the weather forecast for the next few days ? It's gonna be sweaty bollox time without a doubt. All you old codgers on here should take note, don't overdo it, stay in the shade and drink plenty of water.

I believe the highest temp recorded in the UK was 38.7 deg C in Cambridge 2019. The forecast looks record breaking. This country is not prepared for such things and so expect infrastructure to fail ie the roads will melt, train tracks will buckle due to the wrong sort of heat :roll: I believe a couple of the Tory pm candidates have pledged to stop the net zero promise because it will be bad for economic growth. Ffs, what planet do these privileged inbred over paid fatties live on ?

Is this global warming down to human activity ? I believe it is but there are many who think otherwise. I am not taking any chances so doing everything I can to minimise my footprint with everything. It's OK to be a sceptic but I don't think we have the luxury of thinking that way. Nobody knows for sure and wouldn't you feel bad if you did nothing and human activity turned out to be the cause ? I definitely would. I don't care if the human race gets wiped out as we are a virus but I would hate for the floral and fauna of this beautiful planet to be wiped out too due to the actions of us selfish me me me twats who must have economic growth and forever increased standards of living no matter what. Makes me feel sick the amount of unnecessary excess the human race expects. I'm only 47 but remember paraffin lamps in the bathroom to stop the pipes freezing. Didn't get central heating until the 2000's. This world needs to lead a more simple life and be fucking happy with it. Love nature and make sure it prospers, not suffers. Look up how many animals died in the Australian fires last year. How many animal species became extinct or endangered last year because of us selfish me me me more more more cunts. There is no other way to put it. The human race is a destructive virus that won't stop until it's very existence is plainly in jeopardy. Makes me feel sick.

Glad I got that off my chest.
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post:
Copperblue (Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:44 am)
DIY FREE ZONE

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Trouble with humans is that they think they are above nature. The planet doesn’t give a toss what we think; make no mistake, it will deal with us eventually.
These users thanked the author SteveTheShadow for the post:
Copperblue (Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:44 am)
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

karatestu wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:17 am
Is this global warming down to human activity ? I believe it is but there are many who think otherwise.
It may or may not be down to human activity but if you look at it reverse - what if your hypothesis is wrong? Work the rest out for yourself! It's not pretty either way.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Copperblue

SteveTheShadow wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:57 am Trouble with humans is that they think they are above nature. The planet doesn’t give a toss what we think; make no mistake, it will deal with us eventually.
Trouble is, humans have always had a thirst for knowledge and we have made incredible scientific advances. Data we have collected has shown a direct link between specific human activity and impacts on the environment. It’s all out there for peer review.

Trouble is, with the rise of social media, Dave with one GCSE graduated with honours from “the university of life” has as much influence as leading scientists and meteorologists. Our thirst for knowledge has become lazy and saturated with shite.

I don’t believe in fatalism, there is cause and effect.

We need a green revolution! Rise up!
These users thanked the author Copperblue for the post:
karatestu (Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:47 am)
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Copperblue wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:53 am
SteveTheShadow wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:57 am Trouble with humans is that they think they are above nature. The planet doesn’t give a toss what we think; make no mistake, it will deal with us eventually.
Trouble is, humans have always had a thirst for knowledge and we have made incredible scientific advances. Data we have collected has shown a direct link between specific human activity and impacts on the environment. It’s all out there for peer review.

Trouble is, with the rise of social media, Dave with one GCSE graduated with honours from “the university of life” has as much influence as leading scientists and meteorologists. Our thirst for knowledge has become lazy and saturated with shite.

I don’t believe in fatalism, there is cause and effect.

We need a green revolution! Rise up!
What we all need to remember is that almost every advance in understanding started as a minority view. We have seen over the past few years a movement to remove "disinformation" from the internet. The Catholic Church tried that with Galileo but in the end his view proved to be the correct one. How much of the "disinformation" that is being removed today is actually correct?

If we continue to allow the removal of contrary opinions from the internet we aren't advancing science, we are crippling it. Could Dave with one GCSE, which I might point out is one more than I have despite being qualified to degree level, not have a valid point, is it impossible that he is correct and the mainstream wrong? Sorry but, however unlikely, it is not impossible that he is right. Mainstream professional scientists do not have a monopoly on good ideas.

For many years it was thought that obesity was caused by consumption of fats, turns out that it is caused by excessive consumption of sugar. Why did it take so long to find that, much of the research was funded by the sugar industry. The tobacco industry funded much of the research that said tobacco was safe. Do you really believe that those who fund research are always neutral? The evidence suggests otherwise so, before you "trust the science" ask who funded the research and what is in it for them.

I'm not saying we don't have a problem, I'm saying that we need to ask questions, especially at a time when we are being encouraged not to do so. To quote a tea shirt "I'd rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned". That was posted on Facebook by a man with a PhD in Low Temperature Physics.
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post (total 2):
CN211276 (Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:04 pm) • r3xj0hn570n (Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:34 am)

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Copperblue wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:08 am
Copperblue wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:19 am The last 3 posts sum up exactly why we are in the situation we are in. AD HOMINEM REMOVED

I guess it’s going to take a generational change but it will probably be too late by then.
Ring of fire 🔥….. Johnny Cash
It’s too late …….Bob Mould
Big yellow taxi……..Joni Mitchell
Burn baby burn………….

We need a green revolution !
Fleetwood Mac - Little lies
Genesis - More fool me
The Who - Won't get fooled again
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

A few decent tips for the current heatwave here...

These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
CycleCoach (Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:15 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Copperblue