Big thanks to everybody at HFS

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
ArloFlynn
Ireland

Re: Big thanks to everybody at HFS

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

For some reason I am yet to fathom, I suddenly lost interest in HIFi and music! around 6 months ago. I still drop in most evenings to keep abreast of the zeitgeist, should my mojo return.
Here’s hoping… Best wishes to all.

Kevin
These users thanked the author ArloFlynn for the post (total 2):
karatestu (Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:11 am) • Fretless (Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:31 am)
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

ArloFlynn wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:08 am For some reason I am yet to fathom, I suddenly lost interest in HIFi and music! around 6 months ago. I still drop in most evenings to keep abreast of the zeitgeist, should my mojo return.

Kevin
Hope you find the mojo Kevin. It's probably at the bottom of your sock draw. It's not the end of the world though is it ? I listen at home to compressed youtube music on a JBL charge 5 Bluetooth speaker and J enjoy my music immensely.

All the best, keep looking in on us :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

ArloFlynn wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:08 am For some reason I am yet to fathom, I suddenly lost interest in HIFi and music! around 6 months ago. I still drop in most evenings to keep abreast of the zeitgeist, should my mojo return.

Kevin
Have you found it yet Kevin ?
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

I think I need to thank antonio66 and here seems a good place. Oh and Alfi as well. Thanks for being the best online friends you could wish for. Your advice, good wishes, cheeky humour and just being there has not gone unnoticed :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dave, I hope that your move back to the world beating UK has gone smoothly . How is Grimsby this morning ?
DIY FREE ZONE

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Why thank you Stu, Grimsby is not too bad, although I have not ventured out except to have a ciggie at the back door. I don't understand 90% of what you do on your speaker build, but I am always amazed at you inventiveness and perseverance 'getting there in the end'.
I will also add, the valve builds by Steve and turntables and arms built by Ant are always great threads to follow, again I now very little on amp and tt building but always enjoy seeing the end result.
These users thanked the author antonio66 for the post (total 2):
karatestu (Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:27 pm) • SteveTheShadow (Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:13 pm)

ArloFlynn
Ireland

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

karatestu wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:07 am

Kevin
Have you found it yet Kevin ?
Evening Stu,

Thanks for asking, but sadly no. The Hifi has now been powered off, disassembled and put away in a cupboard and some under my mother's spare bed. I didn't realise how much space it took up. Since moving house to a much smaller abode with less rooms, there has been no space for a large(ish) hifi system. And what with neighbours to keep in mind, there being no detached rooms, it has somewhat subdued my enjoyment of listening. I have though re-kindled an unhealthy 'Desire' for all things Bob. and have enjoyed many evenings over the past few months discovering and re-discovering Bob Dylan - on Youtube via laptop on lap.
So there is maybe a slight spark.

Cheers.
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.