The Rise & Fall of Boris Johnson

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: The Rise & Fall of Boris Johnson

Unread post by savvypaul »

Given that the police are only talking about fixed penalty notices, I'm not sure how the report could prejudice the police investigation - it's not as if there is going to be a trial by jury. Would be good if there were, though...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:12 pm
Geoff.R.G wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:22 am If, as is suggested, the money is there where is it going?
£37 billion on a failed track & trace system?
That accounts for a bit of it certainly.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:12 pm
Geoff.R.G wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:22 am If, as is suggested, the money is there where is it going?
£37 billion on a failed track & trace system?
And shedloads of PPE (£2.8bn) which is, literally shedloads of PPE, because it was bought sight unseen via the government's high-priority "VIP lane," and turned out to be unfit for purpose, so it's sitting in a fekkin shed somewhere.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:52 pm Given that the police are only talking about fixed penalty notices, I'm not sure how the report could prejudice the police investigation - it's not as if there is going to be a trial by jury. Would be good if there were, though...
The reason could be the report has found evidence of the deletion of incrimminating texts and emails. A cover up takes things to another level and Johnson will do anything to save his skin. You can get 4/1 on him going by the end of February now.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

This just screams 'COVER UP' !!!

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

savvypaul
Great Britain

Baroness Dick?
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Nadine Dorries interview on Channel 4. Complete car crash. Thick as mince.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
karatestu (Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:18 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Nadine Dorries is another example of Boris promoting sycophantic, ambitious imbeciles to a level they could never normally expect to reach. This crude form of bribery is so damaging to the effective running of government. There are very few members of the cabinet you would trust to run your local pub or cafe, they really are the most useless bunch of fuckwits I can recall in over 40 years of being interested in politics.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:44 pm) • CN211276 (Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:04 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

NSNO2021 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:42 pm Nadine Dorries is another example of Boris promoting sycophantic, ambitious imbeciles to a level they could never normally expect to reach. This crude form of bribery is so damaging to the effective running of government. There are very few members of the cabinet you would trust to run your local pub or cafe, they really are the most useless bunch of fuckwits I can recall in over 40 years of being interested in politics.
Nailed it..
I am in the hi-fi trade

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Nadine Dorries: Culture secretary, is nothing more than a fucking immense oxymoron, with the emphasis on the "moron". This is the woman who mugged off her party, and her constituents, to bugger off and eat a baked spider, Camel's toe, and Ostrich anus on I Wish I Was A Celebrity, Put Me On Telly. She is living proof that there IS something denser than Osmium.

This is her "defending" Damian Green by making herself look like a complete idiot and a security risk to boot, as she offers proof of her regular contravention of the House of Commons Staff Handbook - Chapter 23 - Section 5.6

She just loves that Rainbow flag...

...two weeks later: “So, we dropped to 27 points in tonight's polls. That gay marriage thing is really working for us.”
In 2015 she claimed: “On gay rights issues, I voted the way the gay community in my constituency asked me to.”

It may be true that gay people in Mid Bedfordshire asked Dorries to vote against their right to marry, who knows? :roll:

Dorries now says she supports same-sex marriage and regrets having voted the way she did... but she also said she was “pro-gay marriage” in 2012, before voting against it twice the next year…

What else? Well, she seems to have an issue telling people with ethnic backgrounds other than white apart:

Six years later Ash Sarkar would find herself at the receiving end of another ethnic minority balls-up on Dorries’ part. The MP tweeted about a video containing Sarkar but identified her as Labour activist Faiza Shaheen.

Here's our Culture Secretary being cultured...

Brexit you say? Oh yes, she loves Brexit...

Does anyone know what the population of Hartlepool is? I'll tell you, it's around 92,000 including children and pensioners, so "180,000 well-paid jobs," seems all the more impressive when armed with that little fact.

She also went viral after complaining that that same Brexit deal she tweeted about above would leave the UK with no MEPs.
Well DUH! Doris. Brexit means no MEPs and no "voice" in Europe. Who'd have thought it? Best tell the PM before he does something stupid.

For those who haven't worked it out yet, I abhor the simple-minded bint. She is an oxygen thief of the first water.

She's not too good with geography either, or... how can I phrase it..? Knowing stuff.
She was duly reminded that Sadiq Khan is Mayor of London, not Rotherham.

She also makes a big play of coming from Liverpool, and how much she loves the (working-class) people of Liverpool. Here's some news for you Nadine, As a Liverpool FC supporter I speak to a lot of scousers via Twatter and Farcebook, every day, and they fucking hate you with a passion.

I'd better stop this. I wouldn't want to start ranting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll leave you with one final little nugget of Nadine-ness

At her first appearance before a select committee as Culture Secretary, the subject of Channel 4 came up. She said there would be a consultation that will focus on “how Channel 4 will survive in the future”.

Imagine the surprise of culture select committee member Damian Green when, in response to his question about why politicians are involving themselves in what is essentially a private sector enterprise, Dorries answered by pointing out that “just because it’s in receipt of public money [it doesn’t mean] we should never audit the future of Channel 4”.

Green interrupted her and pointed out that Channel 4 is “not like the BBC, it’s not in receipt of licence fee money”.

Dorries engaged in some Johnso-like floundering, faffing, and fumbling. “Aaaand,” she stammered. “Sooo… although it’s… yeah. And…”.

Channel 4 is ultimately owned by Dorries’ department but is funded entirely through advertising revenue. Last year it made a pre-tax surplus of £74m (the company is not-for-profit).

You'd have thought she might have known that.
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
NSNO2021 (Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:58 am)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X