Stu

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: Stu

Unread post by TheMadMick »

At least the land dispute has a satisfactory way forward. Hopefully you both will actually abide by the outcome.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

What's going on ? When you find hifi forums boring as fuck but can't stop hanging around. I need help.
DIY FREE ZONE

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

It's called obsession. There is no cure I'm afraid although electroshock therapy used to be used in Victorian times. :evil:
These users thanked the author TheMadMick for the post:
karatestu (Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:28 pm)
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

TheMadMick wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:05 pm It's called obsession. There is no cure I'm afraid although electroshock therapy used to be used in Victorian times. :evil:
Sounds a winner, buy a pair of electrostatic speakers and some probes, short have the desired effect :mrgreen:

Don’t take this seriously Stu.
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post:
karatestu (Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:15 am)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

karatestu wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:44 pm What's going on ? When you find hifi forums boring as fuck but can't stop hanging around. I need help.
Do something in real life.

For example list as many things as you can, that are within 1 hours drive that you can do for free that are interesting / enjoyable / amazing / fantastic / pleasurable. And then start doing them or visiting them.
EG a walk through Sherwood Forest.
A walk along a section of the Penine Way.
Visiting a friend.
Listening to a dark green DR rating album in a genre of music that you like that you've never heard before at a generous volume (OK may not be free but it's less than a few litres of petrol or diesel).
Walking round Yorkshire Sculpture park - park in the village next to it.
Photography Museum in Bradford.
Go out your front door, turn left, walk for 40 minutes and talk to whomever you come across.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
karatestu (Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:49 am)

karatestu
Great Britain

I could get to Sherwood forest in an hour if I put the pedal to the metal. It's father's day and all I have planned is a take away for tea. I got some lovely cards and presents from my two little uns. The running hug I got from my daughter this morning was epic. I feel all warm and glowing.

What would make me happy ? Anything with donkeys and drumming. A drumming donkey? I am currently listening to Sly & the family Stone and loving it - it's perfect, slightly funky happy music. Life - you don't have to die before you live. Last night Ii had a bit of a grunge / angry music evening. Nirvana, Pearl Jam , Sound garden, Rage against the machine, Audioslave, Sabbath, wolf mother.

My god it kicked ass. Even through a Jbl Bluetooth speaker. I'm still not missing the ocd infected "serious " sound reproduction equipment. Are my low's low and extended enough ? Are the highs sweet enough ? Who gives a fucking toss. I believe there is an audio show going on today somewhere. Hairy old men salivating over hifi jewellery and expensive life crisis penis enlargements whilst trying to impress with how much they spent on their latest trinket.
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post (total 3):
slinger (Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:21 pm) • SteveTheShadow (Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:05 pm) • Lindsayt (Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:17 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

It's been a rough few weeks. My mum had a stay in hospital but came out a month ago. I love her so much it hurts. Unfortunately her recent troubles seem to have accelerated her dementia and she now is refusing food and drink. She is a shadow of her former self. This is going to break me, I am not strong enough to deal with this. She is an amazing woman and certainly does not deserve to suffer. Love you mum..
DIY FREE ZONE

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

That's a heartbreaking time for you Stu. My wife's mother did the same - it seemed to be the one decision that she could still make, "I don't want to be here anymore.".

Hang on in there.
These users thanked the author Fretless for the post:
karatestu (Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:09 am)

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

karatestu
Great Britain

Thanks Fret. My heart is breaking. In the past I have always had some hope but that has run out. This is the end of the line. Getting old is no fun. I can only go along with what I think my mum wants. It is hard to know if somebody with dementia has the ability to think this way but I have come to terms with the fact that I shouldn't stand in the way of what she might want.
DIY FREE ZONE

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

With you Stu,
My mum had vascular dementia. She had no idea who I or my sister were. In her mind, we couldn’t possibly be her kids because we had grey hair.
In the end we just had to pretend we were from the NHS and council care departments and just call her Joyce. She was happier and less confused when we did that. Being a teacher at the time, I was more able to handle the situation in a more ‘professional’ manner than my sister.
It took a lot of talking to my sister to convince her that mum genuinely did not have the faintest idea who she was and to go on calling her mum and getting the backlash was only making the both of them more distressed.
It is not easy
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)