Listening habits

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Re: Listening habits

Unread post by Nearlymusical »

A listening sesh might involve wine instead of tea, which if it does there is an music enjoyment curve that peaks after a couple of glasses and diminishes after that, waking up dry mouthed on Sofa at 1am. At least these days there is is no kerrtunk,kertunk from the turntable.
Ahh Peter Belt - I still find books with a piece of paper inserted , and the ocassional mains plug with lines filed into the pins, none of it made any difference but was fun :dance:
Mac Mini 44.1 CD rips (Amarra Luxe Upscale to 176.4 KHz ) > Danacable truestream USB cable> PS Audio Lan Rover > Audioquest Carbon USB cable >Chord MScaler (Upscale to 352.8 KHz ) > NVA Digital co-ax cable > Audio DG DI-20 (I2s out ) > Audioquest Carbon 48 HDMI cable > PS audio Directstream DAC > NVA SSP 2 > NVA M600 Monoblocks > NVA LS6> Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrod speakers

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Re: Listening habits

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

karatestu wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:48 pm Many of you will probably have little habits or rituals you go through when doing some serious listening (not just background music).

I have to admit that I have my own.

Feet usually up on a foot support, cup of tea at the side of me and low lighting if late.

I recently succumbed to buying a cheap pair of reading glasses (lowest magnification I could find).. Must be my age :hand: Anyway, if I am reading a book or my tablet whilst listening I often find myself putting the tablet down and taking my glasses off when an interesting bit comes along. For some reason I need to look over at the centre point between the speakers and "see" the various musicians laid out in front of me. Can't do that with bloody glasses on.

Yes I have lost the plot :shhh:
Stu I do exactly the same, honestly 100% the same and the more atmospheric the music the lower the lights go until I am listening in the dark but first it's the glasses off routine 😁

Ps The Peter Belt thing shows just how easy it is take a section of participants for an amusing ride - and yes I remember giving one of his ideas a go before the ex pragmatic engineer in me told myself to get a grip.
Mr Modify :lol: Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter, modified Rega Planar 8, with modified Apheta MC cartridge, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, LDA MCJ3 phono, modified Schiit Freya plus pre amp,, FW Aleph J mono blocks, Cambridge Audio CXC, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Cubix MMXXI & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables