Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by kimangelis »

Welcome to all new here. Ignore what Snippy-knickers says about Rega. It's the only large hi-fi company that gets anywhere near NVA.... They're that good.

By the way.. this really is a great forum, for advice, opinions (lot's of those), quirkiness and just pure FUN.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

vrazjigwb

Unread post by vrazjigwb »

Hi all.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I've joined this forum to buy a pair of Royd Sorcerers (brilliant little speakers!), but have been an avid reader of the threads ever since. Much interesting stuff to read here - I especially like the threads on Doc Mods. Very keen on trying them myself on a pair of cheap-o speakers.

I'm probably what most of you would consider a younger member - being in my early thirties. So, much to learn still :)

Sadly I'm no NVA amplification user (I do have and use some cables though which I like very much). Perhaps that will change in the future...

Hi-fi wise it's Garrard 401 on the analog side, Mac Mini/Metrum Octave on the digital into Avondale amplification to, as of late, Royd Sorcerers. Pretty contempt with everything at the moment to be honest...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Welcome Vraz........Enjoy the forum.

Royds are fun, and punch well above the sum of their parts.
Docmods get great review's - but ive never tried em...!

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

kimangelis wrote:Welcome to all new here. Ignore what Snippy-knickers says about Rega. It's the only large hi-fi company that gets anywhere near NVA.... They're that good.
:clap:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Colin Wonfor wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:Welcome Colin . nice to see you join , if somewhat surprising .
Hi why? now I can comment and be polite as I please. And inform facts not fiction, should be fun.
Catch up soon back to have quacks listen to ticking he he.
I notice that your 45% share in TQ and 51% share of it parent company is up for sale , care to digress for how much ;)

post sale gagging clauses are quite frequent colin

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

His gagging clause has been the whole time he worked for them. Remember Patents Pending :mrgreen:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

O we did have some fun with that . :lol:

Yes , but i am not so sure selling it will allow him the freedom to voice his opinion he seems to suggest . Perhaps we can look forward to a rational explanation of how the cables combat phase distortion and the dissemination of ideas that can be appropriated at little or no expense . ;) or confirmation that is is merely marketing speak .

As an aside , a 51% share in a company would normally give you controlling interest . :think:

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Hunt down description by Geoff Merrigan on Youtube, well worth a watch. :pray:
It can be done so imagine it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

For future reference Colin we generally here think TQ is a rip-off company that practices bullshit. *I* from watching you don't think this is down to you and maybe why you have got pissed off and left. My only objection with you is the friends and company you keep on the rest of the web with people who tried to close or at the very least damage this forum. For me it is all a bit hard to chew!

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Hi Richard,

That is not me flapping arms sorry Richards, I am also sorry you feel that way and I did not leave I was pushed, by a bully. And with my bad health I had no energy to fight back having just come out of hospital again.
Well life is shit but it is made much more shit like when you trust people who let you down I think. Now for some more chewing mmm doughnuts.
It can be done so imagine it.