Favourite Gadgets

All general audio posts go here.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Favourite Gadgets

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Most feminist theory was/is bastardized marxism or just plain silly .

Women are not a homogeneous group despite the fact they all have vagina's , a women with four kids and no job in oldham as little politically or culturally in common with a female chairperson of FTSE 100 company .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I disagree, they have the same genetic programming which is different in important areas to the male programming. OK free will and experience, to a degree, can subvert this and creates an individual, but the basis of it can never be changed, The genetic programming creates energy paths and preferences as in the classic Taoist concept of Yin and Yang where the basic conflict between the two is the energy that drives life and all existence.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I didnt make myself clear .I dont disagree with your comment , indeed what it is to be a women is something feminist theory ignores . .

what i meant is that the politics of women that stem from the term patriarchy and seeing women as analogous to a social class who are struggling to set themselves free from the power and control of men via universal and unified interests and goals are deeply flawed because they treat women as an homogeneous entity that they are not .

wealth , power and class are far more politically important than gender .

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Mmm. ;)
Seem's fair to me......!!!!.jpg
Seem's fair to me......!!!!.jpg (69.78 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
:guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I agree with everything but the last sentence. I believe there is nothing more important than genetics. Do you realise we only have to change about 3% of it and we could be a slug. It is the classic nature v nurture argument, which is more important in the individual.

Just about ALL human problems will be solved by accepting genetic solutions. I am at the beginning of this and being kept alive by one of the earliest examples. We are at the dawn of a new age of understanding.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

jammy395 wrote:Mmm. ;)
typical thoughtless action - couldn't she have taped the umbrella to the crates so that he had both hands free.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

guy wrote:
jammy395 wrote:Mmm. ;)
typical thoughtless action - couldn't she have taped the umbrella to the crates so that he had both hands free.
Precicely Guy, And im sure she could have maybe, just maybe, managed 1 more crate if she really loved him..... Lazy Moo. :animals-cow: :laughing-rolling:

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I disagree, they have the same genetic programming which is different in important areas to the male programming. OK free will and experience, to a degree, can subvert this and creates an individual, but the basis of it can never be changed, The genetic programming creates energy paths and preferences as in the classic Taoist concept of Yin and Yang where the basic conflict between the two is the energy that drives life and all existence.
The Taoist concept is "Yin Yang" rather than "Yin" and "Yang" i.e. they are inseparable, complementary forces. :P

...despite what Wikipedia says. :P

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What the feck are you talking about. I have been studying it for over 25 years and teaching it for over 15 years. How does the phrase yin and yang stop them from being "inseparable, complementary forces"

My website and school http://www.art-of-energetics.com/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK some classic Yin AND Yang dichotomies - night AND day, male AND female, hot AND cold, in AND out, up AND down, sweet AND sour, wet AND dry, winter AND summer, black AND white, love AND hate.......do you wish me to go on :roll:

The point of a dichotomy is there is no absolute, it is a line (ultimately in infinite terms it is a circle) and perception depends where you are on the line when observing it. Inside Yang there must be Yin and inside Yin there must be Yang. Like a rubber band reality stretches between them.