Cubettes

All things NVA
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Cubettes

Unread post by terrybooth »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:NOW AVAILABLE FOR AUDITION IN SIDCUP

I am bloody useless at staining and varnishing wood so only one finish available - Black = £300

Available built but unfinished in raw wood to finish yourself or leave as is = £250. It is real wood so has a grain and looks quite nice in its raw state.

I thought about a kit, but the panel lining needs to be done by me.

These are available NOW as I have all the parts, just need to fit in the time to build, usual 30 day return if no likeee
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Mugwanya
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Mugwanya »

Cool. What would be the delivery cost to Matlock in Derbyshire and I will PayPal you the money for a pair in raw wood (she enjoys staining and varnishing).

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Heavy and have to be very well packed, so £20 insured, plus £250. So £270 by bank transfer or paypal gift.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Mugwanya wrote:Cool. What would be the delivery cost to Matlock in Derbyshire and I will PayPal you the money for a pair in raw wood (she enjoys staining and varnishing).
Do you still want these as payment hasn't come in.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I just wanted to add a P.S. to the comments I made about these earlier. Three weeks on and one 'rack :lol:' later, these Cubettes are sounding really nice now. I now find them smooth and mellow if anything with absolutely NO harshness at all :) Like the freshly constructed Cube's when I first heard them, I think it takes a few days for the bass units to loosen up (they're all tightly damped even before the doping) and for the tweeters and caps to fully 'blend in,' but once it happens, integration seems as good or better than any complex crossover, passive OR active - in my opinion.

The trouble with travelling by train or car is that one's ears get stressed by the constant noise of the journey and it can take a while to re-acclimatise. Anyone travelling to a dealer for a dem ought to arrive an hour or so early and have a cuppa or something before serious listening commences.

What I find gratifying for a speaker costing this much is how easily the sound changes with the recording. So many speakers at all prices can stamp their character so much on the sound, that these subtle changes get swamped. Not with these, which is a really excellent thing for a £250 speaker imo.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:I just wanted to add a P.S. to the comments I made about these earlier. Three weeks on and one 'rack :lol:' later, these Cubettes are sounding really nice now. I now find them smooth and mellow if anything with absolutely NO harshness at all :) Like the freshly constructed Cube's when I first heard them, I think it takes a few days for the bass units to loosen up (they're all tightly damped even before the doping) and for the tweeters and caps to fully 'blend in,' but once it happens, integration seems as good or better than any complex crossover, passive OR active - in my opinion.

The trouble with travelling by train or car is that one's ears get stressed by the constant noise of the journey and it can take a while to re-acclimatise. Anyone travelling to a dealer for a dem ought to arrive an hour or so early and have a cuppa or something before serious listening commences.

What I find gratifying for a speaker costing this much is how easily the sound changes with the recording. So many speakers at all prices can stamp their character so much on the sound, that these subtle changes get swamped. Not with these, which is a really excellent thing for a £250 speaker imo.
Ile be taking a listen tommorow, im looking forward to it.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

I'm slightly interested in the Cubettes.

Doc, do you have a picture, showing a Cubette standing next to your JPW speaker? I just want to see for size differences.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You already had similar and rejected them, with the old Cube 3s you sold. So I wouldn't bother.

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

I'm back from my hols and heading down that way next Sat so I should get to call in to hear them if that's still alright.

Can you pm me your address and mobile number pls Richard so I can plot a course from where I'm visiting.

Still deciding whether to do the trip in a day or book the travelodge.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I spoke to Proggy about them coming to NEBO. How long between your visit and NEBO as it would be easier for you to take them back with you.

I will PM everything else.