What RCM?

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What RCM?

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:For those with a RCM it is so simple, clean the record on the RCM but don't use the hoover at the end, leave the fluid on PLAY THE RECORD and then tell us about it, then you can hoover it if you want.
One hell of a leap of faith required....... :o
Im..... :animals-chicken:
Would love to hear brave / foolish folks findings though.....(Works a treat - OR - Ive just gone and fuked up my 5k Koetsu - OR - My copy of Sex Pistols God Save the Queen/No Feelings (1977, A&M AMS 7284) £8,000...Has just fukin melted.)

:epop: :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is already going on the record, and even after drying there would still be a residue. So do you really think that they would sell a fluid with RCMs that feck up stylii, you are bonkers Jammy. The POINT is to leave a wet *lubricated* track for the stylus to run in, and if you are really scared use just water, it still works to a degree.

The best fluid I tried was WD40, that provides the best lubricant, and the cart I used back then when I used to do it never went wrong the stylus never came off, and always sounded better than standard even when WD40 wasn't on the record for some reason. The problem with WD40 was not the cart it was the record as the WD40 eventually dried in the grooves so the record had to be washed with soapy water, or put through a RCM. BUT at least the damage was not permanent and the record was fine after cleaning. The problem with Lenco fluid was once it dried it couldn't be completely washed out of the groove.

rikardo1979

Unread post by rikardo1979 »

I have only one question. Is the vinyl record ad record players, are those designed to be played wet to make it sounds good/right? :think: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :confusion-shrug:
  • AMP -Sugden A21; Pioneer SC-LX59 Home cinema
  • Speakers - Spendor D7 (Special Ebony finish)
  • Analogue - Clearaudio Concept MM
  • Phono - Clearaudio Nano
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
  • Cables - Chord Epic Twin speaker cables; DIY Inteconnects (Van Damme)
[/size][/font]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Record fluids have always been experimented with even way back to 78rpm to control surface noise. So neither is the answer. The popularity died with Lenco fluid as it got such bad publicity in the 1970's. There is nothing wrong with dry playing and over 99% of my play time that is what I do, but now I have found that this ECO screen cleaner does nearly as good a job as WD40 and leaves no residue I will probably do it more often.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Anyway I suppose I should say I am going by my experience, if you try it then it is your responsibility, I only call it as I see it.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I have a couple (new) used records I will try - will have to unpack the RCM which was ready for move. if the fluid just covers tip of stylus there should be no danger to cartridge workings.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

:epop:

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

this to me is bonkers,why on earth would you want to leave dirty fluid on your record and play it?
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I seriously getting fed up with what looks like DELIBERATE misunderstanding. I never said anything of the sort, but to be honest it will make no bloody difference. You would play the record anyway before cleaning so what is the difference. AND obviously I mean apply the fluid to a clean record :roll: My suggestion, and only to find a way around the prejudice on show here is to play the record after laying the fluid for those who have a RCM. You can do it with water but it seems people are scared of that - do what you bloody like I give up, I never met so many closed minds in my life and on a forum of NVA owners as well, I am shocked. :naughty:

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:For those with a RCM it is so simple, clean the record on the RCM but don't use the hoover at the end, leave the fluid on PLAY THE RECORD and then tell us about it, then you can hoover it if you want.
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.