Footy

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Footy

Unread post by slinger »

jammy395 wrote:Interesting fact 2.
If you'd stuck £20 quid on Leicester to win the league at the beginning of the season - You'll get a £100000 if they do. :o :guiness;
It's a funny old game.
Well my lot aren't going to win it this year (again) so I'd love to see Leicester win it with games to spare.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

So far 22 people have cashed out the highest winning 57k.

Also doc not sure we're you read the Chelsea one .
But I would bet 10 quid it ain't true.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I would take you bet but I would win. It is easy to do just go back to the beginning of December and add up the point for all the top teams and compare with Chelsea points and Chelsea would be top of the league.

Daniel Quinn

Mourinho was sacked on 17 Dec. The table before the next game was Chelsea 18 pts Leicester 38pts.

Current table Chelsea 44pts .leciester who have played 1 game less 66pts. That is 2 or if they win today 5 pts more more than Chelsea since mourinho was sacked. I have not checked if any other team as got more than 26 pts.

;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Table after next game is the beginning of the new era, and not including any presumed result today.

I think then it is joint top. It was said at the BBC I think on football focus, so I checked it as I thought it was interesting.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Man those naughty English & Russian fans........ :naughty:

There may be trouble ahead..... :epop:

And Typical Frog Policing...... :doh: :evil:

Edit....Well done Wales. :clap:

Art Vandelay

Unread post by Art Vandelay »

jammy395 wrote:Man those naughty English & Russian fans........ :naughty:

There may be trouble ahead..... :epop:

And Typical Frog Policing...... :doh: :evil:

Edit....Well done Wales. :clap:

Jammy - how did Scotland get on ?? ;)

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Have the English fans caused the problem? The first I heard they were attacked by French hooligans a couple of days ago and then by the Russians, but of course we'll get the blame and now they're talking of a ban for England and Russia but will this include one for the French? Changing the subject I thought England played very well in parts but somehow lacked that telling pass, Sterling and Lallana just lack that international quality for me and I would certainly bring Buckley back into the side. Lets hope for better things on Thursday.

Daniel Quinn

I watched England play Tunisia in Marseille in 1998. On the way to a ground , we turned from a side street in to the middle of riot , I looked up in the air and there were hundreds of green bottles hurtling towards us . Tunisians don't like the English . Same old thing . drunk English and people their to fight them .

The touch paper for the violence this time were Russain organised gangs [ approx. 150] who wanted to fight The English based on a reputation decades old .

had Russia been part of Europe then it is likely the 150 or so Russains would have never got out of the country as they would have had their passports confiscated . A decline in English violence abroad is one of the many benefits of Europe.

As for Englands performance . same old shit , different day . Russia are a poor side , Wales will beat them and on this performance Wales will beat us .

alfafan123

Unread post by alfafan123 »

Have to agree England were really poor, can't understand why the pundits thought they were good..do they know what they are talking about? :naughty:

Re the appalling violence I must admit it did cross my mind whether there might be something more sinister here at work?