Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Unread post by Fretless »

The 'Hotel California' option:

"You can check out any time you like
but you can never leave."

:guiness;

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Mmmmmmm :think:

You checked out a long time ago........

France eh.... :doh: :lol:

Why the fuk do you keep bitching about brexit .......Frogs will be next.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :guiness;

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Sounds like something a cat would do.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Neonknight wrote:Image

Sounds like something a cat would do.
:lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

musique!

Unread post by musique! »

jammy395 wrote:Mmmmmmm :think:

You checked out a long time ago........

France eh.... :doh: :lol:

Why the fuk do you keep bitching about brexit .......Frogs will be next.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :guiness;
We've didn't want this europe till the begining !
We've voted for that but ours politics never heard about it ( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9f% ... l%27Europe )

How lucky you are to get out of this crappy-machine , it would be a dream for most of us if we'll be the next ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

To try and turn France, Germany and the UK into one country is just plain stupid. The problem is in Brussels, idiots like Junckers should just be got rid of. If we could get back to the old Common Market I am sure many more people in Europe would be in favour of it again. Certain things would have opt out 1/ immigration control 2/ membership of Euro 3/ border controls. On top of that a complete revamp of EU regulations which have become stupid, they will write rules on how to pick your nose soon. Most of them need to be just chucked out and left to the country involved.

AND most importantly close the EU parliament, it is a complete waste of time and costs a fortune. Our individual governments based on population should appoint the executive, kept to a minimum and should have no real power.

That basically would be the British EU.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We should just be friends not adopt each other as family. I want the French to be French, I want to visit France and experience a different culture, same with Germany, Italy etc. We are all very different and as should correctly be said "vive la difference".

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

Homogenisation is heaven/hell if you live in b+w. Live life in colour!

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:We should just be friends not adopt each other as family. I want the French to be French, I want to visit France and experience a different culture, same with Germany, Italy etc. We are all very different and as should correctly be said "vive la difference".
The "politically correct" factions of any country never see things that way. Their agenda is to make everyone the same and equal. Unfortunately inequality exists in any social construct, it is the nature of people, and I don't believe any true society has ever existed where all are equal all of the time.

The nature of immigration has changed here at least. In the early stages of the country, immigrants came for opportunity, and gladly accepted the culture and worked hard to assimilate. The first generation folk had their struggles, but still tried. And their children were raised to be Americans, not Something-Americans. Yes they lived in areas of a city where they concentrated by country of origin, but they still were Americans. These days immigrants are encouraged to keep their cultural identity to the point where they do not integrate in the same way. There are accommodations for language that are excessive, and so many people do not become fluent in their adopted countries language. If a person cannot speak freely with others, their ability to blend into their new country is severely curtailed. That is not good for them, or the country. I don't know about other countries in Europe, but the US we foster the distinctiveness of immigrants to the point of where it does them a bit of harm I think. There is nothing wrong about being proud of your heritage and nationality. But when you adopt a new country, you should whole heartedly buy into the culture and society you have chosen to live in.

But yes, I think countries should be distinct and different. The world would indeed be boring if everyone and everywhere were the same.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The new nations who *acquired* their countries from indigenous peoples, like USA, Canada, Australia are a completely different proposition to Europe. Yes they can homogenise and help create that country (apart from Muslims), but you can't do that in Europe. There is too much history and to many cultural differences, and if the movement happens too much you can see the conflict and irritation that occurs. The French and the Spanish with Brits moving to the sun, or to get cheap houses. The Brits with Polish and other Eastern European shops. Though the worst aspect is the Muslim Ghettos.

Answers - there are none, it just takes time. Problems occur when it is too much and too fast, not allowing times to adjust. If my parents suddenly came alive again and went for stroll around London they would have a fit, half the people aren't speaking English, but we have adjusted (to a degree). I keep harping on about it but it is all Yin and Yang, all oscillation of feeling, over reaction to under reaction. A disharmony or unbalance always trying to find the centre. We are in a Yang phase at the moment because concensus says we have gone too far.